Honored Contributor

for those with thyroid disease

Does it affect your  triglycerides?. I read online it is a side effect. My triglycerides are high, but my other levels are good. There is no heart disease in my family.  I'm not worried , just curious

I can't take statins, I have tried  two different times. They attacked my muscles. I will never take them again

Esteemed Contributor

Re: for those with thyroid disease

@cherry wrote:

Does it affect your  triglycerides?. I read online it is a side effect. My triglycerides are high, but my other levels are good. There is no heart disease in my family.  I'm not worried , just curious

I can't take statins, I have tried  two different times. They attacked my muscles. I will never take them again

Your thryoid  can throw anything in the body into a flux. Cherry sometimes the body tells you what's not good for you. Some Doctors say that the new guidelines for statin are really low and it looks like who ever is sending out directive wants it in the drinking water. 

Honored Contributor

My    endocrinologist Dr tried to  talk me into statins, by saying they can save your life.  I told her they wouldn't be saving mine. 

When I told my  internist that ,she laughed. She knows  what statins did to me

I also have type 2 diabetes, and I read that can upset your lipids as well

My Cholesterol level is  215 so it's a bit high, but not terrible

Honored Contributor

Why ask women who shop?  It's something you should ask your doctor.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

My    endocrinologist Dr tried to  talk me into statins, by saying they can save your life.  I told her they wouldn't be saving mine. 

When I told my  internist that ,she laughed. She knows  what statins did to me

I also have type 2 diabetes, and I read that can upset your lipids as well

My Cholesterol level is  215 so it's a bit high, but not terrible

actually 215 is terribly high

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Why ask women who shop?  It's something you should ask your doctor.

Because I want to, OK????

Super Contributor

what did statins do to you? I have high cholesterol, high LDL but really high Hdl so my ratio is good. My dr wants to put me on statins. I told him I'll try to change it w diet first.  I dont have my Thyoid but levels have alway been this way 

Super Contributor

240 and above is high

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

what did statins do to you? I have high cholesterol, high LDL but really high Hdl so my ratio is good. My dr wants to put me on statins. I told him I'll try to change it w diet first.  I dont have my Thyoid but levels have alway been this way 

It attacked the muscles in my arm. It was very painful.. My muscles in my neck and shoulder  contracted, and wouldn't relax. My arm felt like electricy  was  burning it ,for a long time.  I tried  taking another   drug ,for  cholesterol and it did it again

We aren't all the same  . You might not have any problems.  I come from a family that makes a lot of  cholesterol, so that is only 1 part of the puzzel

I've had a heart cath and my  arteries and  valves are fine.

Respected Contributor

Cherry, I can only speak for myself, but was diagnosed hypothyroid 20 years ago....it is under control with meds. My most recent total cholesterol was 105 and triglycerides 57...