Honored Contributor

first follow up for hip replacemnt

The doctor was happy, he made me realize this was major surgery and will take time to heal. Since it was a fracture and not arthritis the healing is different and the feeling is a little different

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: first follow up for hip replacemnt

I am happy to hear the good report from the doctor.  My sister had hip surgery at the end of August, not from a fracture.  She has been doing well and improving each day.  The doctor told her everyone is different as to the length of recovery.  

Be strong and don't over do or push yourself.  In time you will feel improvement and hopefully the process of healing won't be long.  Take care and be well.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox Good to hear that you are ion the mend!  Rest, relax and be restored.

Respected Contributor

How is the healing and feeling different ? you had a THR?

Valued Contributor

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery.  Just take it easy and relax when you feel the urge.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The doctor was happy, he made me realize this was major surgery and will take time to heal. Since it was a fracture and not arthritis the healing is different and the feeling is a little different

@I am still oxox 

Guess I got lost on your hip issue. I didn't know you had a THR surgery, I thought a fall caused your hip injury. Are you say you fell and fractured the area of your hip replacement? And arthritis also plays some role in this!  Help me out.

Either way, I am happy that your doctor I'd happy, and in turn you are too. Injuries and surgeries take time to heal. Many factors play a role in what that time frame may be.

I wish during my months and year long recoveries my town was shut down, as many are today. Bother me much less since what during this time, there ain't much I want to do. During most of my recoveries, the things I loved doing were still going on, I just couldn't do them.

Hope all continues to improve for you.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

No arthritis fell 3 weeks ago and broken my hip, 

@hckynut wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Guess I got lost on your hip issue. I didn't know you had a THR surgery, I thought a fall caused your hip injury. Are you say you fell and fractured the area of your hip replacement? And arthritis also plays some role in this!  Help me out.

Either way, I am happy that your doctor I'd happy, and in turn you are too. Injuries and surgeries take time to heal. Many factors play a role in what that time frame may be.

I wish during my months and year long recoveries my town was shut down, as many are today. Bother me much less since what during this time, there ain't much I want to do. During most of my recoveries, the things I loved doing were still going on, I just couldn't do them.

Hope all continues to improve for you.

hckynut 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox   I'm so glad you're doing well with the healing of your recent surgery.  

If you're like me, being patient as you recover is a challenge.  I always want to be fully recovered "yesterday."  It sounds like you have a caring doctor who takes the needed time to answer all of your questions and addresses all of your concerns.  I continue to pray for your wellness and comfort.  Hugs from afar.

Super Contributor

contrary to popular belief....most folks, their hip will break, THEN they fall

unless you have severe bone density loss, you wont break a hip in a fall.

Honored Contributor

@ProudMa 

My hip was fine, I tripped in my bedroom and broken the hip. I do have osteopenia and I am only 65