Honored Contributor

UPDATE:  I just heard from Gloriajean's daughter and the surgery was a success!

Thanks to all for the support and prayers!Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

so sorry to hear of your fall. sending prayers to you.years go my wife fell on the ice and fractured her tail bone. ice is so dangerous. good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

UPDATE:  I just heard from Gloriajean's daughter and the surgery was a success!

Thanks to all for the support and prayers!Heart

@Cakers3 

Thank you for your post. I am glad to hear her surgery went well. My very best to her 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean   I'm glad your surgery went well! I had several bones broken in my wrist and plates put in. I did the therapy afterward and at home. It's as good as new! I'm sure yours will be also!  💐🌺🌷🌹

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx Cakers!

DAY 2 - pain now, maybe worse that they put in a metal plate and 6 screws. Icing often and taking Norco every 5 hours. anyone know if having a plate in takes longer to heal and more painful? next week is follow up.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean, sending blessings and good thoughts your way. The pain is to be expected, I will say a prayer for healing. 

Honored Contributor

{{{Gloriajean}}}HeartHeartHeart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: fell on ice

[ Edited ]

Hi @gloriajean,

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Although I've had many broken bones, the only metal I have in my body is a Greenfield Vena Cava Filter whick is Titanium, to prevent PE(lung blood clots), and Titanium clips which were/are used as clips to prevent my Right Colon from bleeding.

The bones I broke, like ribs/calcaneus/toes, were the types that have to heal on their own. Not much can be done with the ones I have had so far. Ribs were the ones that took the longest to heal, and just breathing deeply was pretty painful. Broke 2 at the same time and it took over 6 months for them to heal, and there was no such thing as a comfortable position.

Can't take any pain meds but Tylenol because of my bleeding Colon issues.

Hopefully the pain subsides some for you and your rehab gets your wrist function as normal as soon as possible.

My very best to you,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks John. When I posted last I was concerned, but the next morning I was able to be off narcotics already and only take Tylonel as needed. 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean 

That's great. I hope everything continues to go well for you throughout your recovery. My thoughts are with you.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)