Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have tried so many balms, and oils,and other products, so please no  listing of that kind of thing, has anyone  had this problem because of toothpastes with SLS ,in them?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I have had toothpaste do this to me in the past but I never knew which ingredient affected me. I remember it even irritated the skin near my mouth if I inadvertently got it on there.  It was an extra whitening toothpaste and I just went back to what I had been using. 

Honored Contributor

Josie's Argan Balm is terrific for this.  I apply a thin coat several times a day.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I have dry lip issues often, because I don't drink enough fluid at times.   I just use Vaseline.

Respected Contributor

Such a reaction to SLS in toothpaste is VERY common. So common that this is what my derm anad my dentist thought my problem was.  It turned out it was a reaction to the tarter control chemicals.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Such a reaction to SLS in toothpaste is VERY common. So common that this is what my derm anad my dentist thought my problem was.  It turned out it was a reaction to the tarter control chemicals.

What toothpaste do you use,now?

Honored Contributor

Re: dry,peeling lips

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

I have dry lip issues often, because I don't drink enough fluid at times.   I just use Vaseline.

I drink alot of water, green tea,so this isn't the problem.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

What toothpaste do you use,now?

Jason

It is free from SLS and the chemicals I seem to be sensitive to.

Respected Contributor

Any Crest whitening toothpaste make the gums on the inside of my mouth peel so I stopped using Crest.  Colgate toothpastes works best for me.  I've never had a reaction on my lips from toothpaste though.  My lips are dry so I use a sugar scrub on made for lips two or three times a week.  Most often the scrubs come with a balm to use afterwards.  Right now I am using Clinique.  I also apply lipstick during the day and Burt's Bees lip balms as well.  

Frequent Contributor

Yes! This peeling is soooo annoying.  It was the Tartar control ingredients that did me in.  I also have to watch out for the "long lasting" or "8 hr."  lipsticks.  Some ingredient in those irritate my lips too.

When peeling is bad, I use tamanu oil, Shea Terra, to heal and soothe them.  I only use toothpastes like Jason or Tom's of Maine now, no tartar control.