Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Not all alcohol is the same.

The advice for wine or liquor is different for example.

Super Contributor
Respected Contributor

My doctor believes that obesity and other unhealthy lifestyles, lack of excersise, fatty foods, stress etc. are of greater concern than having a glass of wine or a drink in moderation.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

My doctor believes that obesity and other unhealthy lifestyles, lack of excersise, fatty foods, stress etc. are of greater concern than having a glass of wine or a drink in moderation.

@bargainsgirl

Like I mentioned upthread,

it just depends on how close you want to stand on the edge of that cliff.

If I was dealing with cancer, I wouldn't want to risk even the slightest opening for cancer to reappear.  That door would close tight.  Very tight.

An analogy would be leaving your front door unlocked or leaving your car unlocked with the keys inside.  Or how about giving us your SSN?   We care more about our money & things than we do our own life.

Cancer lurks around just waiting until you're relaxed & uncaring...and then hits when you least expect.  Then people have so much regret.

Honored Contributor

Sidsmom - I think you live in some fantasy where you think you can beat death. All you have to do is eat this crazy diet and get tons of exercise and you'll live forever and ever. Well, guess what - that is not reality.I think you would be much better off to try to get right with God so you aren't so terrified to die, then relax and enjoy some of the joys that life has to offer - becauise the inevitable fact is that someday you are going to die.

Trusted Contributor

When you fill out forms as to your history, I did notice that you are asked about alcohol consumption as well as smoking, and medications. Interestingly, the oncologists did not discuss life style with me at all (only surgery, meds, chemo). 

I had to read about life-style vis-a-vis exercise, food choices, nutrition, sleep, stress myself.

I wasn't told not to drink alcohol, but I don't drink alcohol anyway. Period. 

Do the math.