Honored Contributor

Re: does anyone use HGH? I'm curious about it, Costco is selling it now.

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm  I take armour natural thyroid. I can't take synthetic thyroid

I would listen to @violann. I have to have blood draws to test for my th levels.

I would only take something the Dr prescribed, and do it under their supervision

some people do self medicate

http://www.everydayhealth.com/thyroid-conditions/thyroid-symptoms-and-otc-treatments.aspx

Respected Contributor

@Bredutz wrote:

I used HGH injections for a year and it was the best I felt in my life! Not only did it help with fitness it also helped my overall well being. LOVED it....only down fall was it increases my metabolism so much I was having to get Botox Every 2 months instead of my normal 3-4

Did you stop these injections?? thought they were very expensive....what kind of doctor gives them to you??  I would love to sleep better and have more engery/strength and stop gaining belly fat but I don't kow that this is the answer.  Hormones can have dangerous consquences.  Please share more details I am curious.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Lucky Charm  I take armour natural thyroid. I can't take synthetic thyroid

I would listen to @violann. I have to have blood draws to test for my th levels.

I would only take something the Dr prescribed, and do it under their supervision

some people do self medicate

http://www.everydayhealth.com/thyroid-conditions/thyroid-symptoms-and-otc-treatments.aspx

@cherry  Armour--that's the one I was thinking of! 

I take (generic?) Levothyroxine Sodium and have for almost 6 years.  No problems and it's only been tweaked twice, maybe three times.

I have wondered if there was anything I could do to offset my thyroid issue, but never found anything in the reading I've done. 

Of course, I mean if there were any lifestyle changes, or diet changes to help myself with this issue.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky CharmI don't know of anything , but there are foods that they claim you should avoid eating

My Dr has never told me this, so I tend to take it with a grain of salt

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Lucky CharmI don't know of anything , but there are foods that they claim you should avoid eating

Yes!  I know of some of the foods and it's hard because they are 'good for your veggies' and I only eat veggies!

Respected Contributor

One would have to be rich to take everything Dr. Oz says is vital for your health.  I'd be afraid of one counteracting the other.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Yes!  I know of some of the foods and it's hard because they are 'good for your veggies' and I only eat veggies!

As I was losing my weight, I ate MAJOR amounts of the very healthy veggies that are said to POSSIBLY cause thyroid issues.

My endo said as long as my "numbers" were good, my nodule was stable, and I was losing weight, the "good" veggies were no problem for me.

I took one or more of the synthetic replacements for a good long time, but ultimately went to Armour, via my internist and endo, who collaborate in my care.

Honored Contributor

Just a word of warning.... discuss ALL supplements with  your doctor! supplements are NOT regulated and can be dangerous.  And I mean all of them~!  You can have an extremely bad reaction to any supplement out there (also any prescribed meds, bt at least you are in contact with your doctor)....

HGH is not something to try on your own.... even if you can purchase it without a prescription.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Be careful with ANY supplement that claims to change or work with your hormones.

Regular Contributor

I've had 4 friends try this and all of them have gained more weight than they started with.  I find it dangerous and unhealthy.  Exercise and clean eating are the key to long term weightloss.