Valued Contributor

does anyone use HGH? I'm curious about it, Costco is selling it now.

I've tried to read about it and watched an episode on Dr. Oz. It sounds interesting. Does anyone here use this or know about it? TIA
Honored Contributor

Re: does anyone use HGH? I'm curious about it, Costco is selling it now.

Human growth hormone? I'd have thought it requires a doctor's prescription.

Valued Contributor

On 11/3/2014 ValuSkr said:

Human growth hormone? I'd have thought it requires a doctor's prescription.

SeroVital for 100 dollars! Not injections though, its supplements
Respected Contributor

It can be very dangerous.

I have a friend that took it a couple of years ago. She was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. We didn't think she would make it and she had two small children.

Esteemed Contributor

HGH is a hormone. In my book, if there's one system you don't mess with in the human body, it's the endocrine (hormone) system. Hormones are regulating proteins. I simply don't understand why anyone would want to make an unnatural adjustment to their endocrine system, not knowing what the long-range effects will be.

Honored Contributor

Hormones? Now's not the time to bring out your chemistry set & play with something as delicate as hormones. This HGH supplement has major side effects. I understand the appeal, but it should be prescribed...not found next to the Tums & toothpaste.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, from what I read it sounds like it would not be effective for me anyway. If you watch Dr oz show about it, a lady was on, who had injections, and it was pretty amazing. There was an article a while ago saying Dr. Denise gives HGH injections to her clients, or did. I'm not sure its legal now.
Respected Contributor

If you take HGH, you cannot donate blood. It is featured in the information you must read each time before you donate. Be careful.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Dr. Oz was called before Congress because all of the claims made on his show without a lot of scientific proof. Dr.Oz acknowledge that he had done this, but wanted to "give people hope." He said he would tone it down this season. I stopped watching him when week after week, he talked about a new miracle product. Regarding HCG shots: I know someone who did them for her wedding. She went from size 12 to size 2 very quickly. A few months later, she stopped. Three years later, she's now a size 24. It takes it off, but the weight comes back on as soon as yu stop taking the injections.
Valued Contributor

I guess I was wrong, SeroVital is not HGH but stimulates your ability to create more HGH, something like that. The way it is advertised made me think it was, because it says HGH on the package.