Trusted Contributor

does anyone know of any commercially available gluten free breads/buns that don't have egg in them?

Does anyone know of a commercially made bread that doesn't use eggs? (I'm allergic to them, I get so stuffed up when I eat any that I can't breathe through my nose) I also eat gluten free, which I have no problem finding, but they all have eggs or egg whites in them. I'm too lazy to make my own bread (plus I don't have the necessary tools) but I hate the idea of having to give up bread. I don't eat it often, I like to put my veggie burger on a bun & occasionally I like to have bread toasted & spread with organic, cold pressed coconut oil for a quick, filling on the run breakfast. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: does anyone know of any commercially available gluten free breads/buns that don't have egg in th

Hi.  I'm vegan and haven't had an egg for 25 years .  I've been gluten free at least 8.

i really like Schar brand.  I love their deli style bread.  It is one of the best I have tried.  I also love their pasta.  Nothing is like the real thing , but this is good.  A lot of other brands I have tried , I couldn't even finish the loaf.

Honored Contributor

Re: does anyone know of any commercially available gluten free breads/buns that don't have egg in th

@sgraham30

Look for the Ezekiel brand in the frozen food section

for a GF/eggless bread/muffin.

Have a feeling it'll be at Whole Foods, Sprouts, Central Market

type of grocery stores.

Here's a screenshot of their website w/ products, etc.

HTH!

IMG_2236.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@lrmuffin, I've seen the brand you mention but everything I looked at had eggs or egg whites in it.

Honored Contributor

Ezekiel products do contain small amounts of gluten in the sprouted grains.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom, thank you! I'll be near a Whole Foods the day after tomorrow, I'm  going to check out Food For Life vegan breads/tortillas, etc. I've had the sprouted grain bread, but it has wheat in it. Even though the wheat is sprouted to make it more bioavailable, I react to it the same way that I do any other wheat. It also has soy in it, which is another thing I have problems tolerating.

I was looking at gluten free, raw, vegan coconut wraps today at the health food store I get my raw, organic nuts at. They wanted $11.69 for 7 wraps. I put that package down very quickly.

Trusted Contributor

Look online for ingredients.  The deli style bread is egg free.  I just checked again.   But if you have a severe egg allergy, then I would worry about cross contamination. My nephew has a severe nut allergy and we avoid any company that uses nuts in any of their products. Good luck in your search! 

Trusted Contributor

@sgraham30, so sorry, schar  products have soy in them.  I just read you are sensitive to soy. 

Respected Contributor

Ener-G has a line of GF, egg free breads