Respected Contributor

Re: do any of you take organic celery powder in water?

I don't eat celery as just don't like it,  but if I did eat it I'd only buy organic if available. I've read celery has a high amount of pesticide residue compared with other veggies.

Honored Contributor

Never would have guessed celery had any carbs at all. I use it all the time in salads and soups. It really does add good flavor that you can tell is missing if you leave it out.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
Never would have guessed celery had any carbs at all. I use it all the time in salads and soups. It really does add good flavor that you can tell is missing if you leave it out.

@lovesrecess @All green plants have carbs. They are green in order to carry on photosynthesis with the end product of photosynthesis being sugar. 

Some are very low in sugars and might not be required to list it on a food label.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They are discussing it on ShopHQ... The Debrows are selling theirs... I will not buy theirs as there are many brands of organic celery powder available at less cost... but, just wondered if any of you take it daily and if you feel it contributes to regularity and well being?

@SeaMaiden 

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand the purpose .....  is the powder  supposed to be giving you more roughage?   How does "well being" fit into this?

@Tinkrbl44- Celery juice has been the rage for a few years touted by the Medical Medium, Anthony Williams as a cure for various health conditions.

It takes a lot celery to produce juice.  The Dubrows are touting a powder to cut out the middle man and make some money.

Honored Contributor

Not a huge fan of celery--and certainly not drinking it in water--tried fresh celery in smoothies and it was awful!!! And would not give the Debrows any $$$ for any of their stuff---

Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Just drink a good Bloody Mary with a stalk of celery in it.  It will taste better and make you feel better than powered celery.

Sheech.. I thought the snake oil salesman were a thing of the past.

lol! Sounds like a plan @Carmie!