Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Extra calories for one...that can mean anything

@cherry

The OP posted that 350-500 extra calories per day MAY be needed during the second and third trimester.  

I don't think this is anything to make your blood boil,     

Anything else?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

Wanted to circle back...I’m so happy you mentioned having a

healthy gut in your previous posts throughout the year. 

Maybe it’s the “Buy A Red Car; Now See Red Cars Everywhere’

syndrome, but I’m seeing a tons of information about the

importance of gut flora everywhere.

Glad all those little bacteria are getting their day in the sun. 

We have so much control over our well-being w/ just 

nutrition and lifestyle. 

So important...especially to an unborn.

Honored Contributor

I didn't say my blood boiled.  Opinions are far different, than a medical licence..I will always advise people, to go to someone ,who actuaully went to school to learn how to treat people, for medical  conditions. Not just give opinions

Honored Contributor

Re: diet during pregnancy

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I didn't say my blood boiled.  Opinions are far different, than a medical licence..I will always advise people, to go to someone ,who actuaully went to school to learn how to treat people, for medical  conditions. Not just give opinions

@cherry

Oh, my bad.  Your blood ran cold.  I don't see why the statement by the OP would do that either.  

Nor was it just an opinion.  Pregnancy may require additional calories in the second and third trimesters.

Certainly, any pregnant woman with any sense at all would consult someone she trusts to guide her through her dietary choices throughout.  And not see the OP's statement as a dictum to go eat more calories from unspecified sources.  I can't imagine anyone actually doing that.

You did say "for one" thing in response to my question, so I am assuming now that there were no other opinions here that made your blood run cold?

Honored Contributor

Re: diet during pregnancy

[ Edited ]

I have read such bad advice for people with diabetes ,on these so called nutrition threads. I just want people to know, that  diabetes is nothing to play around with...It is not someones fault they are diabetic, and you are playing with fire, if you eat the wrong foods

My niece is the size of the Duchess of Cambridge ,and  after she has had a baby you would never believe she was ever pregnant. Slim people are at risk for this ,especially older mothers...Ask you Dr first, your life, and your babies life, might depend on it

Honored Contributor

The OP said nothing about Diabetes.

Why does every wellness/dietary thread always 

goes back to a selected medical condition of diabetes?

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have read such bad advice for people with diabetes ,on these so called nutrition threads. I just want people to know, that  diabetes is nothing to play around with...It is not someones fault they are diabetic, and you are playing with fire, if you eat the wrong foods

My neice is the size of the Dutchess of Cambridge ,and  after she has had a baby you would never beleive she was ever pregnant. Slim people are at risk for this ,especailly older mothers...Ask you Dr first, your life, and you babies life, might depend on it

@cherry, the OP hasn't been back. DooBdoo responded yesterday to this thread and all her posts are missing now. She brought up how this is basically spam and was chastised. 

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM), or high blood sugar during pregnancy, used to be relatively rare, occurring in about 3 percent to 4 percent of pregnancies. But in recent years, the rate has doubled—now, up to 6 percent to 8 percent of moms-to-be are diagnosed with this prenatal complication. And new recommendations lowering the cutoff point for diagnosis may lead to an even more dramatic increase.

If these new guidelines from an international panel of 50 experts are adopted in the United States, 16 percent of pregnant women may hear the words, "You have gestational diabetes.

Honored Contributor

@maria001  You couldn't find a worse place than here to check out that issue.  Take advice from a physician and check out sources and literature they recomend. 

This isn't the place for ad hoc information and old wives tales about nutrition.

Other information? Yes, this is a great place.  Diet and related issues?  No.  Too many people here have only one view of food and nutrition and a lot of it isn't what a doctor will advise you. 

As you can see, if you are here to start an argument, it works every time!