Respected Contributor

Just had to share something to make this awful prep easier. This was my 4th and as you know, if you had one, the prep is worse than the procedure. I had some Zofran in the house and took it 30 mins before I started my prep and it made a huge difference. I did not get sick to my stomach or throw up. If you need to do this prep I suggest asking for a script for this. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

Just had to share something to make this awful prep easier. This was my 4th and as you know, if you had one, the prep is worse than the procedure. I had some Zofran in the house and took it 30 mins before I started my prep and it made a huge difference. I did not get sick to my stomach or throw up. If you need to do this prep I suggest asking for a script for this. 

Hugs, positive thoughts, and THANK YOUs to YOU, @panda1234 , for taking the time to offer your thoughtful suggestion.

Those of us who have placed this on our DO IT list, and have DONE IT, know how important it is to get it OVER WITH.

Some of us have a tougher time than others with the prep, but HOWEVER TOUGH IT IS, by the time you reach a certain age, IT’S SO IMPORTANT !!!!!

Hope you soon have your results @panda1234, and that they bring you good/helpful news!!!

Regular Contributor

Thank you. I have to remember it for next time. I had my first colonoscopy a few months ago and I need to go back in 2 years. Both my mom and her mother had colon cancer so I am high risk. 

A few days before my colonscopy I went for a pedicure for the first time years. The pedicure was worse than the colonoscopy! She took off a lot of dead skin wiht that pedicure! 

Honored Contributor

My 5 yr mark to go, comes up in 2021.  I took Gator Aid as the liquid with the powder.  I wasn't put off by it at all.  It wasn't bad to me. Maybe I got lucky.  

Respected Contributor

@EllieMuncaster wrote:

Thank you. I have to remember it for next time. I had my first colonoscopy a few months ago and I need to go back in 2 years. Both my mom and her mother had colon cancer so I am high risk. 

A few days before my colonscopy I went for a pedicure for the first time years. The pedicure was worse than the colonoscopy! She took off a lot of dead skin wiht that pedicure! 

@EllieMuncaster Too funny. Just remember to get the Zofran and you will be fine.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

My 5 yr mark to go, comes up in 2021.  I took Gator Aid as the liquid with the powder.  I wasn't put off by it at all.  It wasn't bad to me. Maybe I got lucky.  

@qualitygal  For me it was that second drink you have to have, magnesium citrate. 

Honored Contributor

I take pills for my prep, no stomach issues at all. 

Respected Contributor

Instead of drinking there are pills to take, which makes everything easier. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 

Just a heads up, one of the possible side effects of Zofran is constipation.

Valued Contributor

I took the pills both times and had no problems but I did ask for a Compazine pill (anti-nausea) prescription the first time just in case.