Esteemed Contributor

coffee for health... new information

Seems drinking three cups of coffee a day has health benefit. I really don't like it unless it is lladen with 'STUFF' as in flavoring, artificial cream and sugar. Fluffy coffee {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Does anyone know if it matters how the coffee is served.

Super Contributor

Re: coffee for health... new information

I would think you would still get the benefits from the coffee along with the maybe not so good benefits from sugar, cream etc. but even with all the other stuff, there are alot worse things you could be drinking like Coke, Pepsi, etc. I like my coffee iced with a little Agave Necter.

Esteemed Contributor

Last week there was a news update claiming drinking coffee could lead to MS. What is one to believe.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I saw that. And next year it will cause cancer to drink more than a cup a day.

Everything in moderation is what I say.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry...not sure why it produces another post from me when I try to edit. This happened yesterday as well. Might be the network I'm on. I'll guarantee it Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Coffee is a good thing for me! For without it, I can be cranky :-)

Honored Contributor

I've always heard that you kind of negate the good benefits of coffee when you add the stuff like sugar and cream but, as I always say, EVERYTHING IN MODERATION! I think that is when things become bad/unhealthy for us is when we eat/drink/exercise too much (or too hard).

Coffee has always been known to have good health benefits but I think the thing that changes in terms of its' benefits is how much and also how it is prepared.

Honored Contributor

I have one cup of decaf with milk in it every morning. That's it. So I would suppose these new findings would be meaningless to me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

A study I read recently said you LOSE clarity drinking coffee!
Super Contributor

I like my coffee hot, black, strong and early. I only drink it in the morning, unless I'm out doing errands and I stop in at Peets or Starbucks for a fancier cup. I never pay attention to any of these studies because they change all the time, and it's not going to stop me from having it anyway.