Honored Contributor

Re: cases confirmed age range

On ABC news they said younger people can have complications too, and that up to now, they were only

going by the only information they had which was out

of China. Since that was all they had and not much is known 

here about the virus! They said if younger are smokers or vape it can be bad too!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

A doctor on a news conference said it was good for the kids to play out side in small groups, just to wash up when they come into the house.

If they not supervised at home then I am guessing there will not be a lot of washing up.

@Mom2Dogs   They are not saying that now.  Dr. Fauchi said there should be no play dates.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Dr Deborah Birx on ABC news said tonight, that younger patients are getting seriously ill! This is scary too. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

We have a 7 year old and at least one other elementary school kid but I'm not sure of the age. Not sure how the 7 year old got it but the other one was the child of someone that had it. I find they vague way they report on the cases makes it hard to know, but I assume that's partly privacy reasons.

The very first to confirmed in the area were a couple but they din't say that. They said a woman from X and a guy that worked at a place at Y. Probably too late now but it would be nice to know the connections. If it's 4 people in one house it's probably less scary to people compared to 4 people in whatever town. Our county number of assumed but still waiting to find out is at least 150 and like 500 on a sort of watch list because of connections so I guess it oesn't matter now.

Honored Contributor

just saw on the news that the CDC said 12 percent of ICU cases are ages from 20 to 44.  they say at first they didnt think it had alot of bad effects on younger patients but that was is not the case now.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller