Respected Contributor

cases confirmed age range

[ Edited ]

i read online that 50 cases confirmed now in ohio with age from 14 to 86.  also heard on news earlier that age range is changing for the virus.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: cases confirmed age range

Well any age can get the virus. The issue is that the elderly and immune system compromised are at higher risk of serious complications. 

Are you saying that they are seeing serious complications in much younger people now? Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Ok only has 10 cases now. They show online it's 5 female, 5 male, age groups 18-49 with 4 cases, age 50-64 with 3 cases, age 65+ with 3 cases. They also show the counties where the cases are plus how many pending tests which is 29 now. 174 negative.

Super Contributor

Here are the last two releases of positive cases here in Colorado - don't believe the rumors that this only affects the elderly. It's community spread here in Denver and in the mountain resorts. We only had 900 test kits and a miniscule number of people have been tested with a very high percentage testing positive. We went from 5 cases to the fifth most in the country in 3 days and that was after only testing just over 400 people.

Sunday, Total NEW positive cases: 30

Age range:
Teenaged - 4
20s – 4
30s – 7
40s – 4
50s – 7
60s – 3
70s – 1

Saturday, Total new positive cases: 24

Age of individuals:
• 20s – 4
• 30s – 5
• 40s – 5
• 50s – 5
• 60s – 2
• 70s – 2
• 80s – 1

Honored Contributor

The Guardian reported two days ago that a newborn baby was confirmed as testing positive. His mother is also infected. The case is in London. There was another case of a newborn with infection in a China. " Livescience" and "Business Insider" are also reporting this. The case in China was reported by "BBC" online back in February. 

Super Contributor

@Emma Bunting wrote:

Well any age can get the virus. The issue is that the elderly and immune system compromised are at higher risk of serious complications. 

Are you saying that they are seeing serious complications in much younger people now? Smiley Surprised

Depending upon the youth's health, yes, it can cause just as severe complications. Diabetes and asthma being the front runners for concern. I'm seeing packs of teens running loose through the neighborhood unsupervised because they are out of school. I get that parents think that is okay, but it isn't the wisest thing to do. Panic isn't helpful, but vigilence is.

Super Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

The Guardian reported two days ago that a newborn baby was confirmed as testing positive. His mother is also infected. The case is in London. There was another case of a newborn with infection in a China. " Livescience" and "Business Insider" are also reporting this. The case in China was reported by "BBC" online back in February. 

My heart goes out to their parents. I can't imagine the worry and trauma.

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear 

A 5 year old is confirmed positive in my area. 

Honored Contributor

A doctor on a news conference said it was good for the kids to play out side in small groups, just to wash up when they come into the house.

If they not supervised at home then I am guessing there will not be a lot of washing up.

Super Contributor

I read this over the weekend Woman Sad

"More than half of France's coronavirus patients in intensive care are under 60, the country's top health official said on Saturday.

According to CNN, Jerome Salomon, the director-general for health, said, "We have serious cases also amid adults, and let me remind you that more than 50% of people in intensive care are under 60."

The country is the fourth-worst-hit in Europe, with more than 5,000 cases as of Monday".