Super Contributor

@cherry

cherry, we're sending up prayers to your bil and the whole family. Heart                          

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor

I have cared for thousands of people who have had this surgery , it is pretty routine. They stay in ICU overnight so we can do hourly neuro checks, in the morning they can go home.I've never personally seen anyone have a problem though I am aware they do rarely occur.

Honored Contributor

@PickyInPA wrote:

@hckynut, @cherry

I had to get a nuclear medicine stress test prior to my endarterectemy to make sure my heart could tolerate it. That was the worst part of the entire ordeal. Fortunately, my heart checked out fine.

@PickyInPA

I have had so many partial and full body nuclear tests I should glow in the dark. For me the full body, which took hours, the only thing that bothered me was my back, which is minus 3 lumbar discs. The Nuclear Radiologist is now a very good friend of mine.

No surprise they want to make sure of ones hearts ability to withstand this surgery. The stent andioplasty, from what my Cardiologist has told me, does not put as much strain on the heart. 

Side effects from the nuclear tests for me? I had none and it was pretty easy for me, other than the full ones done that gave me a temporary sore back.

Glad all went well for you.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

@hckynut

God bless you for all you've been through. The morning of my stress test, they also did heart xrays with die before & after the stress test. I had to fast for these tests (couldn't even have my morning cup of tea). They monitored my bp during the stress test. I felt like my head & chest were going to explode because the stuff they put in the IV forces your heart to work at max. It was extremely uncomfortable in that sense. Then they put a different med in to bring your heart rate back to normal. The end result that I was able to have the surgery & the success of the surgery was worth it all.

My hubby has spinal stenosis in 2 lumbar spots, as well as deteriorated discs, so he cannot lie on his back for more than a couple minutes. So I can totally sympathize with you. Take care & keep well.

Regular Contributor

Hi @cherry!

How's your BIL faring? Still praying for him.

Honored Contributor

His surgery is put off until the 20th. Thank you for your prayers

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

His surgery is put off until the 20th. Thank you for your prayers.

Just got back home today and read your post, praying that everything works out well for your BIL @cherryHeart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple  thank you for your kindness