Respected Contributor

Re: call back for more views on mammogram...

Thanks again lizzie...I called the doctor's office today to speak with his nurse. I had a couple of questions that I didn't think to ask when I saw him.

I'm feeling a little better about things after talking with her.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Regular Contributor

I had a routine mammo on Christmas eve (yeah I know what was I thinking) never again over a holiday. The radiologist came out and told me that I had micro calcifications that were clustered "funny" bilaterally. Time to bite the bullet and have a biopsy on both breasts. Had the stereotactic biopsy last Tuesday (which is another story). I am beyond happy to say that it was all benign. Thank God. But I felt the weight of it from December 24th to January 15th when I got the reslts.and at times it was crushing. But more times than not things are fine. Like my doctor told me when you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras. They like to be proactive and air on the side of caution. I'm glad I had the biopsy, it's proof positive that i am fine.
Respected Contributor

Happy for you cats.....I can't imagine having to wait that long.....3 days was long enough for me.

Why'd it take so long?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Lotus~ said:

mapleglazed.....I just went thru the same thing.....sooooooooo happy with your good news!!! The waiting is the worst isn't it? Make sure you followup in 6months!!!!

My news was not so great. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast on 1/2...had to go for an MRI to see if it had spread....thank goodness it had not. But they found a spot on my right breast. I had an MRI guided core biopsy last Monday and got the call on Wed. that the right breast was benign....thank God!

I finally saw the surgeon on Thurs.....Lumpectomy is scheduled for 2/2.....the waiting is killing me. I have the worst case scenarios going thru my head. If it has not spread to my lymph nodes I will require radiation and and oral medication only....if it has spread I will also have Chemo in my future.

I'm frightened....please keep me in your thoughts.

eta......Good luck to you seagirl....just read your post.

Oh gosh Lotus. Hugs and prayers.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Frequent Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Lotus~ said:

Thanks lizzie....I appreciate your support.

Hearing those words were surreal....I actually stopped hearing after my doctor told me. It all seems like a bad dream. I really haven't talked about my fears much and was reluctant to even mention it here. I'm not sure why.

I'm not sure I have the "courage" to check out that thread yet....but I will.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. <3

deb

Do not be afraid to ask for support. I was in your shoes TEN years ago. I went through my lumpectomy and radiation. I have had my ups and downs but I am still (and am positive minded to think I will remain) cancer free. You may never go comfortably into a mammogram again, BUT it will remain your best tool against breast cancer for the rest of your life. Go in peace. Know you will have many to support you. Ask for it if you are in fear or in doubt. God Bless.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Reiki....it's getting a lot easier to talk about as the days go by......waiting, waiting and waiting for surgery.

Valued Contributor

Lotus, So sorry to hear you have to go through this! I am currently on week 3 of radiation treatments and doing great. I had a lumpectomy in October and didn't need chemo. I am taking arimadex, suffered some side effects but was given other medication to counteract them. I am very tired but that's from the radiation. You are strong and will handle everything that's coming your way. Be positive and take one day at a time. Don't be overwhelmed. You will be fine! My prayers are with you!
Respected Contributor

Thanks eb. I believe that's the name of the medication I will have to take too....what side effects did you have?

How often do you go for radiation?

Embgm...Do I know you?

PS....I'm tired of being strong.....

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Lotus~ said:

Thanks eb. I believe that's the name of the medication I will have to take too....what side effects did you have?

How often do you go for radiation?

Embgm...Do I know you? Wink

PS....I'm tired of being strong.....{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Lotus, you don't have to be strong here. Lots of very supportive, understanding posters here. They held me up at some terrible times. We are here for you.((((((Lotus))))))

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

I go to radiation 5 days a week for 33 days. After the initial setup it takes about 15 minutes. It does not hurt. I am becoming red and sometimes am itchy. It is like a light sunburn right now. I know that it will be uncomfortable as I progress but their are prescription creams to help when necessary. Up to this point I have tolerated the radiation very well. The side effects from the drug were very intense hot flashes , trouble sleeping and light nausea. I started the drug before radiation because I had to delay radiation due to an infection in my breast. The Doctor told me the norm is for the pill to start after radiation is completed because it exacerbates the hot flashes which is exactly what happened to me. That probably won't happen to you.