Contributor

does anyone know if the dvd for the bodyblade is a short one? is it broken down into 15 or 20 minute segments. I think the description says its a 78 minute workout and I do not have time to do it all at once. thanks! Also, does this item provide toning throughout the core and arms? I am in desperate need! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've had mine for well over 20 years now so there was no DVD but I can say that it does wonders for the core and arms. I'm sure you can break the workout down any way you want as anything you do with it will benefit both your core and arms. I got mine through my chiropractor. I have nerve damage and could no longer workout with heavier weights. He created some workout system for me to use with both the longer blade and the smaller cardio blades and I do the ones with the charts. Less time is needed to get even better results from the workouts I did in the past with weights.

Super Contributor
I bought it years ago. It bothered my wrists and I had to stop.
Respected Contributor

i just got mine, last friday. the back of the dvd says it's in 10min. segments and starts with warm up, uppper body/core, etc. i haven't had a chance to watch, but it sounds like you can do the 10min. warm up and then just to another section. did you watch the presentation, because i thought they touched on the dvd.

i just tried to wiggle it, in front of me, for a few mins. i think there is a small learning curve with this, but easy enough to understand. i think there are videos on you-tube, you could watch and the website has some info, too.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I also bought a set of these about about 15 years ago.

The motion made me nauseated very quickly unfortunately Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Pook and Ladies. Not my thread, but I LOVE hearing about what exercise equipment or gadgets people are still using after many years. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Did it work for anyone? I would be interested to buy it - doesn't seem very difficult to master - but I don't want to waste money if it doesn't work.
Occasional Contributor

I love fitness gadgets and I own the Bodyblade. The BB does what it says it will do but I just don't like doing it. I don't care for the motion. I would suggest starting a weight lifting program-my 8 pound weights only cost about $15.00 for the pair. There are endless websites to help you get started. One of my favorite fitness ladies is Bonnie Pfeister. She is a wealth of information and inspiration. If you google her you will find her. I also have a barbell with weights. My body has been changed by using weights and strong bodies burn more fat! Also, in case you are wondering-my body doesn't remotely look manly from the muscles.

Regular Contributor
I've been tempted as well, so appreciate all the input here. I use kettlbells and enjoy them but wanted to add some variety. The only timeI've seen it presented Jayne Brown was the host, and she definitely worked up a sweat pretty quick!
Esteemed Contributor

I love gadgets. So I bought one about 10 years ago. I tried to use it and did not like it so it sits upright next to the other exercise gadgets I bought that I don't use. I much prefer to do housework, rake leave, shovel snow, clean the house to get my exercise. Works for me. Next time the charity truck comes by I might just hand it over.