Honored Contributor

Re: best multivitamin(OTC) to take over 40 for women

The only vitamin that has been recommended to me is fish oil because I don't eat fish. Other than that my doctor is of the opinion that vitamins are not necessary and that if you eat properly, you don't need to take them.

Occasional Contributor

I researched them a while back and I found many places recommending to buy one with Vitamin A coming 100% from beta carotene and not the toxic form which is retinyl acetate or palmitate. Many of them are just a percentage from beta carotene. It's actually pretty challenging to find one with Vitamin A 100% beta carotene. I'm currently buying New Chapter one per day over 40 breast health. I get it from drugstore.com. Good luck. It's hard to know what to buy anymore!

Trusted Contributor

I too love twin lab vitamins and buy them from Swanson vitamins. Swanson is probably the cheapest place to buy any vitamins, supplements, skin care or anything natural. You have to be very careful with drug store vitamins because many of them contain fillers and dyes which is very unhealthy. One of the most important supplements to take is vitamin d3 and if its in your multivitamin it is not enough. 90% of the population is deficient in this vitamin and this deficiency causes many health problems. There is a doctor on TV whose name is Dr. Becker and his show is called Your Health with Dr Richard and Cindy Becker. I am on the east coast and he is on at 2 pm on channel 376 on direct TV. I know he is on the west coast in the morning but I don't know the times or station. Do yourselves a favor if you can and tune in, he is absolutely wonderful. He believes in both traditional and natural healing and he has helped thousands with their problems. Sorry if I rambled on but you will be amazed about what you can learn from him about your health. Oh and one more thing many doctors will tell you not to take vitamins and the reason being you just may be healthier and he won't need to see you!
Esteemed Contributor

Centrum Silver. Don't waste your money on Andrew Lessman.