Honored Contributor

Re: are you doing these things?

@FlowerBear 

When you make a statement like this, you should quote the source statements mean nothing unless there is something to back it up 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I volunteer at several hospitals & I do wash my clothes when I get home BUT I don't do that coming home from other public places. I continue to do what I've always done...wash my hands or use wipes & keep my hands away from my face. I never wear my outside shoes in the house.

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

drs and others are saying when you get back from being in public to change your clothes. wash coat every 1 to 2 days.

wipe things off that you bring in to your place.  i have also seen some people say change your shoes too.

My daughters last day of school I  had her take off her clothes and coat and washed them.  I wiped down all her stuff (back pack, Ipad, lunch bag, etc) with clorox wipes.  Shoes stay outside.  Hers go wiped down on the sole.  I have to go out today and I will take off clothes when I get home. 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox  Turn on any tv show or read any publication and these are the latest guidelines. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 

I have been watching TV all morning and have not heard this at all, when someone quotes something as fact they need to back it up with proof, otherwise is scares a lot of people

@Janey2 wrote:

@I am still oxox  Turn on any tv show or read any publication and these are the latest guidelines. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't wear my "outside clothes" inside.  When I get home, I usually change into clothes that haven't been worn outside. 

We do not wear shoes in the house either.  I have slippers that are just worn inside.

Honored Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

If not wash them, at least take off outer garmets and hang up in a garage, unused space etc.  IF you have been in a crowded space.  Why not if you can?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading some tips, I sent two requests to my DH at work. I told him the key is to keep the virus outside our house so please (1) leave his work shoes in the garage, and (2) put his work clothes in the washer when he goes down to our exercise room where he walks on the treadmill after work. 

Once I took early retirement, I developed a basic four step cleaning routine that only takes 20 minutes a day. I've added steam cleaning the wood floors, disinfecting main bathroom twice a day and wiping down remotes, door knobs and light switches daily. Those things only add a few minutes to the routine and it beats watching tv news or reruns.

Honored Contributor

You might as well buy yourself  some disposable infection control bunny suits, booties and gloves...like they wear in a hospital. I did that for years and I'm not going to go that route again, especially if it's not necessary. 

COVID 19 is not a death sentence for most of us and I'm not at risk. So everything will be just fine for me. Stay positive and be aware.