Esteemed Contributor

any suggestions for a great sports bra?

I just started walking for exercise. all my regular bras have underwire and my "around the house" bras are all those stretchy leisure-type bras. I need more support than those offer but don't want to have to deal with uncomfortable underwires when I'm walking. I hope some of you walkers here can recommend a great bra for this activity.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Occasional Contributor

Re: any suggestions for a great sports bra?

I really like Victoria's Secret sport bras. I don't typically shop at VS, but these bras are great. They offer minimum, medium and maximum support. I found them online but went into the store to be fitted and try the different styles. Maximum support works best for me. They can be pricey, but I've purchased when on sale. I have one Champion sport bra purchased from Kohl's. While it isn't horrible, it does not offer nearly the support I get from my Victoria's Secret bras. Another nice feature of the VS bras is that they are made of material that wicks moisture away from the skin. hth

Honored Contributor

Check out Title Nine online. Whatever your needs they have it. Best sports bras ever.

Honored Contributor

I like these, from Under Armour. They're on sale in their outlet section.

Respected Contributor

I like this one by Glamorise. It's the Wirefree No-Bounce Camisole Sports Bra from Glamorise Sport. I bought it a couple of years ago from One Stop Plus (Item #: 0527-85029-1074). I like the fact that it has a regular back closure (instead of going over your head) and wear it whenever my husband and I walk. It's very comfortable and provides good support.

Honored Contributor

Go to target....or online at athleta.com
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

I second Title Nine's sports bra collection. Excellent!

Esteemed Contributor

Do consider an underwire, the more secure, snug fit and wider structure of the fabric part of the bra makes them much more comfortable than a regular underwire.

I would try Title Nine. Worth every penny.

Honored Contributor

The Enell Bra is the ultimate sports bra. They're expensive but nothing will ever move even a little bit. I've often thought someone ought to set up a booth and sell them at dog and horse shows. There would be no bounce.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

thanks y'all. you gave me some great suggestions.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich