Honored Contributor
@halfpint1,
As we age, our skin gets thinner and our nerve endings are closer to the surface and become more sensitive, so we feel colder. I urge my mom to dress in layers this time of year. My brothers and I have to watch her during the summer, as it can be 90 degrees outside, and is even warmer inside her house, but she doesn't realize how hot and stuffy it is in there. My brother found her sweating inside her house last summer and she was slightly dehydrated.

I hope you let Bob see those letters you say are coming from the gas company. Sometimes these types of letters are bait letters to draw you into spending money for unnecessary services; they are not always from your gas company, but make you think they are. I get letters about my telephone wiring, and my power, and they want me to buy a protective plan for the wiring from the pole to my meter. These letters ARE NOT from my power company or telephone company. Essentially these letters are just like the scam beauty cream ad you clicked on a few months ago. DO NOT do anything until you show the letter to Bob, as I doubt the letter is from your gas company.
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:
@halfpint1,
As we age, our skin gets thinner and our nerve endings are closer to the surface and become more sensitive, so we feel colder. I urge my mom to dress in layers this time of year. My brothers and I have to watch her during the summer, as it can be 90 degrees outside, and is even warmer inside her house, but she doesn't realize how hot and stuffy it is in there. My brother found her sweating inside her house last summer and she was slightly dehydrated.

I hope you let Bob see those letters you say are coming from the gas company. Sometimes these types of letters are bait letters to draw you into spending money for unnecessary services; they are not always from your gas company, but make you think they are. I get letters about my telephone wiring, and my power, and they want me to buy a protective plan for the wiring from the pole to my meter. These letters ARE NOT from my power company or telephone company. Essentially these letters are just like the scam beauty cream ad you clicked on a few months ago. DO NOT do anything until you show the letter to Bob, as I doubt the letter is from your gas company.

@RedTop@halfpint1- This one is from the gas company.  I live in So Cal and that letter from So. Cal Gas  is legit.  It compares your usage of natural gas and the cost  to your neighbors and to those are who really conserving energy.  The purpose  is get us to conserve.

Contributor

Hi halfpint....I haven't take Celexa but have heard of it.  I have the depression along with severe panic!  Can't stand it..doc just added Abilify??

Contributor

Hi halfpint....Are you on blood thinners?  My parents were always cold when they added the blood thinners.

Stay warm sweetie.

Honored Contributor

Hi, @halfpint1  How are you doing? Please check in with us. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Hi, @halfpint1  How are you doing? Please check in with us. Heart

@World Traveler - halfpint1 checked in yesterday in Among Friends.

Super Contributor

your doctor should of ordered tests on your thyroid, adrenal glands and a general chemical panel- our body chemistry changes every 7 years and as you get older that changes also- he should also check your vitamin D levels as if they are low that can cause depression and anxiety- what he gave you is an antidepressant which usually is not affective for anxiety, Xanax works the best usually and you can take it as needed- if tests do not show a physical reason for your anxiety you might consider some counseling- as an RN for over 30 years I dealt with anxiety and panic attacks for many years, counseling helped me get through the attacks and understand way and i used Xannax for sometime only when needed- if you are not depressed you do not need an antidepressant- good luck

Honored Contributor

@arizona babe,

This poster is 81 years old with a long history here.   Xanax is most likely not a safe choice.

Respected Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

your doctor should of ordered tests on your thyroid, adrenal glands and a general chemical panel- our body chemistry changes every 7 years and as you get older that changes also- he should also check your vitamin D levels as if they are low that can cause depression and anxiety- what he gave you is an antidepressant which usually is not affective for anxiety, Xanax works the best usually and you can take it as needed- if tests do not show a physical reason for your anxiety you might consider some counseling- as an RN for over 30 years I dealt with anxiety and panic attacks for many years, counseling helped me get through the attacks and understand way and i used Xannax for sometime only when needed- if you are not depressed you do not need an antidepressant- good luck

As an RN you should know better than to recommend or discourage any medication without a full history and diagnosis of a patient. The OP has a very long history here of complaints and non compliance with medical recommendations that she has expressed here. I wish the OP nothing but the best but as I do not know her or her situation other than her perception of it, it is prudent to keep medication suggestions to myself as I cannot provide an informed and nonbiased opinion based on the evidence presented.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Xanax promotes a calm serenity, Its a miracle drug for many.