Super Contributor

Hi ladies.  Im considering buying an adult tricycle to ride in my community for exercise.  I see many riding them here, and I would like to ride one as well for exercise.  

Can anyone recommend a good brand?  I tried googling best tricycles for seniors, but all different recommendations come up.  I thought of asking here, since you ladies are so insightful.  

I looked on Amazon.  Many choices, but most don't have good reviews.  I sure could use your help in deciding what to buy.  

I see some with smaller back wheels.  That looks appealing to me.  Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori 

I hope you can find what it is you want. I honestly didn't know anyone even made these.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I would trust Schwinn.  I see that Kohl's has one.

Esteemed Contributor

I’d try a bike shop if you have one near you.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Ditzydori 

I hope you can find what it is you want. I honestly didn't know anyone even made these.

hckynut 

@hckynut  Yup, we have one. Bought it from someone that didn't need it anymore. I'd look at the brand but it's downstairs in the cold garage. 

Respected Contributor

Next time you are out and see someone riding one, why not ask them what they like about the brand they have.....and where they got it.  Also, see if there is a local bike store.  They may be able to answer all your questions.  Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: adult tricycles

[ Edited ]

One needs to consider local laws.

Around here a bike may not be on the sidewalk.  Must use a bike lane or get out there and play with cars.  

Consider if you can move from a bike lane out into traffic to make a left turn with ease.

Tricycles do not move as sharply as a bike.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori - just an fyi, if you are going to invest in one, make sure you are going to use it. My neighbor purchased one and used it less than 5 x and got rid of it.

Trusted Contributor

I have a good friend who has one and loves it.  I just texted her and said she thinks it is a Sun bike.  She even bought a Toyota RAV because her bike fits in the back.  She rides on both trails and streets.  She had her first one stolen off her back porch, so be sure to secure yours. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think getting an adult tricycle is a great idea but, you need to do some investigating before you spend the money to purchase one  ... check out what all the rules & regulations are in your area etc., .... maybe you should rent one & try it out before you buy it ... I know as far as I am concerned I get these great ideas & become almost obsessed to get something & then after I get it I use it for a short time & then the “thrill” is gone!!! & I never use the item again .... I wish you luck & hope (if you get one) you enjoy it immensely ☺️