Honored Contributor

Hope you are on the mend, LilacTree.  My thoughts and prayers are with you today.  We haven't forgotten you.  

Regular Contributor

Wishing you  a speedy recovery and hoping also that you do the PT.  It's so worth it.

I"m 7 weeks post-op shoulder surgery and yes it is my dominent hand, so it's been hard.  I go to PT twice a week and they really work it.  Painful but has to be done. 

I'm  thinking about you.

Honored Contributor

Hope you are feeling a little bit better day by day, Lilac. I continue to keep you in my prayers for a rapid recovery. Missing your posts and hoping you are still reading the boards....

Please take care of yourself...Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!

Wish I had more than one finger so I could personally thank each and every one of you for your very kind and continued best wishes.  I appreciate your encouragement so much.

As an update, my left hand and lower arm are better, I can stick my hand out of the sling to hold something, and I can get under my left arm enough with my right hand to cleanse it with a body wipe.  The fall was two weeks ago today and it has seemed to go fast. 

Next ortho appt is the 30th when they will take another x-ray.  The bruise is still very extensive and very black from shoulder to elbow.  The hematomas on my forehead have shrunken by half.  I don't think I will have scars on my face from the cuts, they are also healing well.  That's about it!

Thank you again.  I love all of you.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Hi everyone!

Wish I had more than one finger so I could personally thank each and every one of you for your very kind and continued best wishes.  I appreciate your encouragement so much.

As an update, my left hand and lower arm are better, I can stick my hand out of the sling to hold something, and I can get under my left arm enough with my right hand to cleanse it with a body wipe.  The fall was two weeks ago today and it has seemed to go fast. 

Next ortho appt is the 30th when they will take another x-ray.  The bruise is still very extensive and very black from shoulder to elbow.  The hematomas on my forehead have shrunken by half.  I don't think I will have scars on my face from the cuts, they are also healing well.  That's about it!

Good News!! Thankfully, your beautiful face will not be affected and you will be back to new soon.

Thankfully, you are healing well. I really am glad I read your update as I have been thinking of you. We're troopers and nobody can get us down!!!

Keep us posted over the next few weeks until you can join us daily....Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Hi everyone!

What a joy to see your post today, @LilacTree!    It breaks my heart to know what you've endured, but it's so encouraging to see this update.   Please continue to take good care of yourself and let the healing take place.   Sending my love and very, very gentle hugs back to you.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wow, I just decided to visit this forum and read what happened to you.  I did read  your update and it sounds like you are on the mend.

I will keep  you in my thoughts/prayers for healing.  

(((hugs))) 

Honored Contributor

Hi to you @LilacTree,. 

Wanted to let you know we at our home are still thinking about you. It is encouraging to me to see you are getting a wee bit more movement. Continued thoughts and well wishes from our home to someone I consider to be another good friend I have never personally met.

My best always to you,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Oh Lilac Tree...I am reading your thread for the first time today.  I am sooo sorry for your injury and pain.  I have tears in my eyes for you as I recall my fall with contusions and broken ribs.  I found patience with healing to be a new challenge. Fortunately, for me and hopefully for you as well, healing did come.  I pray for your comfort as you go through this journey toward healing.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes, no matter the situation, one just has to laugh. 

I've not tried to take my sling off by myself since I fell almost three weeks ago.  Yesterday I tried to do it myself.  I've been wearing sleeveless tops all this time.  I managed to pull the top off (skinny tee) top down, of course, from under the sling.  So I was left trying to figure out how to get the fresh top on under the sling.  I sat on the bed for many minutes trying to figure this out.  I did not want to ask my daughter for help.

To make a long story short (and because I'm still typing with one finger), I wound up with the sling wrapped around both arms and across my chest.  I was so afraid of winding up with my left arm hanging with no support, I had totally immobilized myself!!  After sitting there in absolute frustration and embarrassment for some time, I called my daughter into my room.  I said wimply, "I tried."  She started giggling while unwrapping me, then I started laughing, and she said "mom, don't try this alone again, okay?"  She fixed me up in under 30 seconds.

I swear, anything can be funny!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986