Trusted Contributor

Prayers for you Heart

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for a clean scan for you!

Super Contributor

Prayers and Prayers.....thank you for being forthcoming about smoking and all its effects... I have family members who refused to admit smoking caused their illnesses.

Esteemed Contributor

Best wishes for a clean scan.  It is hard to worry and wait.

Honored Contributor

To me, smoking is one of the worst habits to pick up.   I grew up with parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles who smoked, but as a small child I knew I would never smoke, and I never have.   

My mother is 86; still smokes like a chimney, and will until the day she dies.  As early as 3 years old mom was hiding under the front porch waiting for her dad and/or others, to toss their cigarette butts into the yard.  She would run out, grab it and puff on it until it was out.   Mom has literally craved cigarettes her entire life, and is probably about 95% nicotine by now.   Without any doubts, my mom would choose cigarettes over food any day.   

My sincere wishes for best results on your lung scan.   

Honored Contributor

Re: a prayer please

[ Edited ]

@catter70 

I really hope your scan turns out negative. My smoking ceased in 1967 when I was 28 years old. However working in a factory for over 25 years that had, stamped on 5 ton boxes of plastic, : "could be a cancer causing agent". This was in 1958!

My several bouts with Pneumonia, including Aspiration Pneumonia, with my 1st heart attack. Then my 2 separate bouts with the deadly PE(lung blood clots) It led to my lungs being damaged and to Nuclear Testing/CAT Scans and also Ultrasounds.

I also spent 6 weeks, 3 days a week, going to Pulmonary Rehabilitation Classes. There was checked while exercising by a Respiratory Therapist, mainly for Heart Rate and Oxygen Saturation, at different heart rates.

Every 6 months my Pulmonologist had me take a Full Respiratory Test. Don't know if you have had this, but it involves Oxygen In/Carbon Dioxide Out. Thus he could see the percentage of lung capacity lost, along with present level percentage of my actual lung's functions.

Later a nodule was found on my Right Lung and every 3 months I had to go in for an Ultrasound. Every 6 months they would do a Nuclear Scan, with both measuring to see if the Nodule had grown.

This was over a period of 5 years, with Ultrasounds and CAT Scans going to every 6 months, to annually. After 8 years the nodule was no longer present. I am no longer needing these lung procedures and my lung function is very good.

With all of my scans any several other procedures, my view was/is always positive and optimistic, until something is found to change those things. If so? I follow the same routine/tests/wait for results, but always with positivity and optimism.

Wishing you the best results possible.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Prayers are being sent.

Valued Contributor

Prayers coming!

Hubby had lung cancer diagnosed in April 2019, surgery in August 2019 and it was a success.  No chemo, nothing.  Follow up scans have been clear.

He is 65.  I quit at age 28 and he of course quit when he was diagnosed.  He is LUCKY and would encourage everyone; please quit!