Trusted Contributor

cherry, we're all here praying for you and your husband. you'll get through this by God's grace. take care. 

Honored Contributor

Cherry,  this must be a challenging time for you.  Sending you and your husband much love and light.  Let's keep thoughts for a quick recovery.  Keep us posted,.

Respected Contributor

Cherry, I missed you.  I will be watching for your husband's progress.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

This morning at 3 am I head a loud crash. My husband wasn't in bed. We live in a tri-level. I went downstairs and saw him laying on the floor in the basement level of our home. He had gone down stairs to get a tylenol and he said he remembers turning clock wise ,and nothing after that. They have given him a lighter dose of blood pressure meds at the hospital. WE don't know if he got dizzy ,or was half asleep, and thought he was going upstairs and fell down them instead

I couldn't rouse him, so I called 911. The EMT"S came and examined him( by then he was conscious. . He couldn't answer many of the questions they asked, like who was the president, etc.

He was taken to the hospital and given xrays and a couple of CT scans. His memory has returned and he didn't suffer any brain damage or closed head injury, but he did break his neck in 3 places

I am not sure when I will get back again, but I wanted to put you in the picture. I am going back to the hospital soon, and will try to let you know how things are progressing

Hi @cherry

The same thing happened to my husband a couple of weeks ago.  He was taken by ambulance to the ER where they stapled his head wound together. He had nicked an artery and was bleeding out.

Prayers for both husbands.

Honored Contributor

@cherry,  I've missed you!    I posted several shout-outs in hopes you'd return, but then I've been away from the forums for a while myself.   I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's injuries.    You've both been in my prayers, and that will continue.  Your presence and your love will be the best and most healing "medicine" for your beloved.   Please remember, in the midst of these distressing times,  to take good care of yourself, too.   Gentle hugs (((DH and cherry))).❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Noel7,  I didn't know about your husband's fall.    Sending prayers for you both, for strength, healing, and comfort.   Take care.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Noel7,  I didn't know about your husband's fall.    Sending prayers for you both, for strength, healing, and comfort.   Take care.❤️

Hi @dooBdoo

Thank you.  I mentioned it on the forum but I didn't go into detail.  He still seems to have concussion symptoms and is seeing a neurologist. 

I hope Cherry's husband is ok.

You were missed @dooBdoo , have you been ok?

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi @dooBdoo

Thank you.  I mentioned it on the forum but I didn't go into detail.  He still seems to have concussion symptoms and is seeing a neurologist. 

I hope Cherry's husband is ok.

You were missed @dooBdoo , have you been ok?

Hi, @Noel7.❤️    You're welcome.   I'm sorry to know about the possible concussion...  prayers for a good outcome in the very near future.   

Thanks, so much, for the kind words.   That means a lot to me.   I ran into a few "slings and arrows" here on the forums a while back, and shortly after that happened I learned that a dear friend passed away under tragic circumstances.    I've been summoning up my gratitude attitude, counting my blessings -- and among those blessings are the dear, supportive friends here on the forums.

Apologies for the off-topic.    I hope everyone has a lovely afternoon/evening.❤️

Trusted Contributor

@cherryHow awful!  He's very lucky you were there to help him!  I will say prayers for him, and you!

~LdyBugz

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear this, @cherry.  You are both in my thoughts and prayers.