Trusted Contributor

Member Since 11/20/2008
Valued Contributor

I took this about 9 years ago when I had bronchitis and pneumonia that seemed to be coming back over and over. I never had any side effects from it. It took care of the problem and if I can remember there aren't too many you have to take. Wouldn't hesitate to take it.

Super Contributor

I was on it once a long time ago. No issues. Worked great.

Frequent Contributor

Are you experiencing any side effects? This medication is tolerated pretty well by most who take it. I always tell patients to take it with food. This medication will also continue to work several days after your last dose, so don't worry if you are not 100% after five days.

Super Contributor

I am starting to feel somewhat better and back to work. Had some nausea yesterday but that is gone today. My concern was that I read so many bad reports about Zpack - guess I better stop reading the internet... Thanks for everyone's input.

Valued Contributor
My oldest son is allergic to Zithromax. He was about 8 when he developed a severe ear infection and doctor gave him Zithromax. He took his first dose and about 20 minutes later he walked into my bedroom saying "My face feels funny." When I looked up at him, I couldn't believe it. His lips were so swollen that he could barely open his mouth. Of course, I called the doctor immediately. I spoke to his nurse, explained what had happened. I had to give him Benadryl which helped with the swelling but I had to watch him throughout the just to make sure that the swelling stayed down and to watch his breathing.
Valued Contributor

Both my husband and my sister are allergic to the Z pack. They both say that it makes them feel like their face is on fire or melting from the inside out. My husband stopped taking it immediately and called the doctor. I, on the other hand, have no issues with it and it usually helped when I had a sinus infection.

Regular Contributor

I have asthma and when I'm on a cruise I end up in the medic from whatever is going through the a/c. Bottom line, I never travel without a Zpak, just in case. No problems with it ever. It's a miracle.

Super Contributor
Zpacks should not be taken with certain heart meds/conditions. Not a drug for most pediatric infections. Research shows that most sinus infections and bronchitis is viral and no antibiotic will help that.