Honored Contributor

This week I endured a lengthy deep cleaning at my dentist's office.  I was so excited at the results and so relieved to get it over with!  I have wanted to have a teeth whitening treatment for a long time.  I inquired and signed up for an appointment on Monday.  When I can home and did the research, I found many had so much pain with ZOOM they could not endure the 4 15 minute treatments. This is an inhouse dental procedure, not a take home tray kit.   I would appreciate any feedback regarding your experience with ZOOM.

Honored Contributor

I did a whitening system that I got from my dentist a few years back and my teeth hurt SO badly before it was done that I didn't finish.

I decided that getting Chiclet white teeth wasn't a necessity for me anymore.

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: ZOOM Treatment

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot  I've heard that...and I'm wondering if it is worth the pain.  Seems as if only a few go through with it without much pain.  Thanks for your sharing your experience.

Honored Contributor

I do not know the name of the whitening procedure but one of my daughter's friends was going to have a procedure done to whiten her teeth before her wedding and she said it was so painful that she made them stop, she couldn't take it.  I think she said it was supposed to take 20 minutes.  I remember her telling us the story at her shower and honestly, I thought she was exaggerating or there was something else involved.  I guess I was wrong.  I'm fine with my teeth the color they are, never considered tooth whitening.  I never smoked, I don't drink gallons of red wine.  I'm fine with my whitening toothpaste.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  Thanks for the response.  This is what I'm hearing consistantly.

Honored Contributor

Re: ZOOM Treatment

[ Edited ]

If you want to get a good scare, then go read what some people say about Zoom on Makeupalley dot com.  Under Product Reviews, type Zoom Whitening System in the Search box.

Respected Contributor

I read the MakeupAlley reviews and I would never do Zoom even if my teeth were jet black. The process sounds like sheer torture with prolonged aftershocks.  “Zoom Zingers” some call them.

I wouldn’t do it.

Respected Contributor

What does your dentist say? 10,000 people may have had the treatment but only 100 people write a negative review. And that’s all you were reading.  Don’t rely on secondhand information.

Respected Contributor

I did Zoom 8 years ago. I had no discomfort. I have trays and gel to use too. i can't keep the trays in for more than 2 hours, the plastic makes me gag.

Esteemed Contributor

Dentists will push this treatment because its fast money. It can and will make your teeth very sensitive. For me, I wouldn't compromise the health of a tooth for whitening.