Esteemed Contributor

Re: ZANTAC cancer risk, according to article in USA Today

@Mindy D :  Obviously you are going to continue to post about medical "stuff" (just be your "thing") but make sure it's timely and pertinent.  Your post about Zantac is eight days after it was carried by just about every media outlet (it's old news).

Honored Contributor

There’s a second article out about the discrepancy in the FDA’s findings on the NDMA in Zantac versus the findings from Valisure’s labs. There’s also more in this Washinton Post’s article about the whole Zantac story. Please note that the original post in this thread is about a specific article from  U SA Today, published on Nov. 7th. Here’s a link to the Post’s article from Nov. 8th. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/a-tiny-pharmacy-is-identifying-big-problems-with-common-drugs...

Honored Contributor

France is viewing this the same as the FDA and has not stopped selling it..I prefer not to get hysterical over every bit of news that is told about this. There is more of this substance, in a serving of  some foods , than in this drug...I still eat bacon

Honored Contributor

I've had ten plus CT scans with "contrast" (gadolinium, a radioactive IV) ordered by doctors in the last 15 years.  They still order them, but I now refuse the contrast, which they don't like.

I also have used Zantac occasionally for the last 20 years.  So which one am I concerned about?

Definitely the CT scans. I've had enough radiographic ****** put into my veins to set off a Geiger counter.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree  the Harvard health definitely said that stopping it ,could be worse for some than taking it

I am not afraid ,and I would advise people that are ,to talk to their  Dr, or pharmacist first. These sort of threads spread more heat than light

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@LilacTree  the Harvard health definitely said that stopping it ,could be worse for some than taking it

I am not afraid ,and I would advise people that are ,to talk to their  Dr, or pharmacist first. These sort of threads spread more heat than light

@cherry

I am glad you agree with me, Cherry.  Your opinion means a lot to me.

ETA:  We can't even change the font sizes anymore??  I always used a four, this font size is just too small.  Very frustrating.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree  nothing surprises me about this website. It behaves wonky lots of the time. They need a new one