Frequent Contributor

Re: Your Favorite "Quack" Cream

My family and I use SOMBRA (warm or cool is your preference) and we are very pleased with how it tamps down our arthritis/over exertion  pain and inflammation.  We buy it at 

Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

I've used order free Aspercreme for over 20 years. It releaves my and my family's pain within a few minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

Two thumbs up, @sweetee2 --- I recommend the Aspercream roll-on.  Works for me!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use a DMSO cream as a topical pain remedy. Sometimes I'll crush up an aspirin into a fine powder, using my mortar and pestle, then mix it into the cream for extra pain relief. 

@SilleeMee 

What brand DMSO cream do you use? 

Do you get a garlic taste when you use it?

I wondered what info was out there about it plus covid so I did a quick search. I knew it would be helpful.

Honored Contributor

I have some Lord Jones lotion & Bison & Rose cbd cream.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use a DMSO cream as a topical pain remedy. Sometimes I'll crush up an aspirin into a fine powder, using my mortar and pestle, then mix it into the cream for extra pain relief. 

@SilleeMee 

What brand DMSO cream do you use? 

Do you get a garlic taste when you use it?

I wondered what info was out there about it plus covid so I did a quick search. I knew it would be helpful.

@Nightowlz 

I use this one, rose scented and not with aloe. I've never noticed a garlic taste or odor from my skin. Maybe b/c I don't use it that often.

download.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm plagued with episodes of cold sores. That DMSO cream has been a godsend for me. It's almost a cure but not quite. The DMSO sinks into the skin, as it should, and it stops the virus from replicating. It's basically an anti-viral and it works like nothing else I've ever tried. I've read some stuff on the internet about people ingesting it (not the cream but a liquid) as a 'prevention' against covid. I don't recommend that but it's what I've read.

@Nightowlz 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee.  Isn't DMSO the stuff that started as an industrial cleaner or solvent of some sort and was heavily criticized?  I remember years ago tracking all over Houston with a friend who was looking for some to buy.  I wouldn't have touched what was available then as it was very impure.  It must have come a long way.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee.  Isn't DMSO the stuff that started as an industrial cleaner or solvent of some sort and was heavily criticized?  I remember years ago tracking all over Houston with a friend who was looking for some to buy.  I wouldn't have touched what was available then as it was very impure.  It must have come a long way.

@Kachina624 

Yes, it's a solvent. The stuff you find today has been purified so it doesn't contain impurities. However, it's still a solvent and should be used with caution because it will absorb into the skin very easily and take with it whatever else it comes in contact with. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've tried many but Voltaren is the one I always go back to.

If you can't take NASIDS, you shouldn't use Voltaren as it has NASID's in it.