Honored Contributor

This may have been posted before and if so, sorry!

My question is --- what do you do with your COVID Vaccine Card?

I am afraid that I will lose it or misplace it!

I recently went for a medical visit and did not bring it with me.  Just didn't think about it and they said --- well, you should be carrying this with you all the time!

My thought was --- suppose I lose it if I drag it around with me all the time?  Or --- what if my purse gets stolen --- then --- no card?

SHOULD a person always carry it?  Or, just bring it when you have a medical appointment --- or what?  

Just wondering.......    Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 ,

It's a good question because it does seem like they are encouraging people to hold onto this for dear life! Sheesh! One more thing to worry about it.

However, I'm not going to get anymore worried about it then if I lost my drivers license which I would hate to do.

My friend said they told her to take a picture of it on her phone (or however) and laminate it and keep a copy.

I keep it in my wallet.

And if you got it done at some county

vaccination site, did they send you an email that they have your record of vaccination? That is another proof.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Just don't show it on line or in an email.  It has your birthday on it and they're telling people not to do this because someone can then assume your identity.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't understand why they didn't make this card small enough to easily fit into a wallet!!!! It's too big! 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I have mine in my card holder along with my driver's license, credit cards, and Sam's card. 

I will trim the card before it's lamenated so hopefully it will fit with the rest.

Honored Contributor

Mine easily fits in my wallet.  I wonder if they're different sizes in different counties or states.  I've got mine in my wallet.  Laminating it is a good idea.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Honored Contributor

Re: Your COVID Vaccine Card

[ Edited ]

@NickNack @AngelPuppy1 @OKPrincess 

i keep mine with my passport and don't carry it around

from USA Today

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 6.04.59 AM.png

Honored Contributor

I laminated mine and also took photos of it on my iPhone.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the information about not laminating it @yahooey .  I have a long zipper wallet, and the card does fit in it without bending.  It doesn't fit in the credit card slots, but it fits well otherwise.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Honored Contributor

I am the ultimate in neurotic.

1.  I took a picture of it with my phone.

2.  I made a copy of the card and put the copy in the safe deposit box.

3.  I made another copy and have it at home in my binder of stuff I keep with stuff that my family would need if something happened to me.

4.  I keep the original in my wallet.

5.  I did NOT laminate it because there is another empty line on it and if we need a booster next year or whenever, they can enter the info for the booster on that line.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?