Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thanks for your reply...ok now which probiotic do you think would help best for someone who is taking too many antibiotics.I am worried about cdiff too....never had hat but I have heard it can happen.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee @Which brand do you think makes the best digestive enzymes.I take too many antibiotics and they mess up my system.

@dex 

I don't know about brands of digestive enzymes. I do know that antibiotics will disrupt your normal gut flora and make things not work so well in your belly. Whenever I have to take an antibiotic, I also take a probiotic along with it. Helps keep the good bacteria population in good numbers. I say let the good bacteria do the digesting and not take an enzyme to do that. 

@SilleeMee wrote:

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee @Which brand do you think makes the best digestive enzymes.I take too many antibiotics and they mess up my system.

@dex 

I don't know about brands of digestive enzymes. I do know that antibiotics will disrupt your normal gut flora and make things not work so well in your belly. Whenever I have to take an antibiotic, I also take a probiotic along with it. Helps keep the good bacteria population in good numbers. I say let the good bacteria do the digesting and not take an enzyme to do that. 

@SilleeMee ,

@dex .

There are new studies that have come out several onths ago regarding taking probiotics

with or after antibiotics. As with most things,

the thinking and studies change from what we've been told for years.

This is only part of an article from healthline but you can read about the new thinking from many sources.

From healthline.com-

“The findings are surprising and certainly have raised a lot of criticisms from probiotic companies. Given the caveats above, the implications of the study are that taking probiotics after a course of antibiotics will delay the return of the gut microbial architecture to its pre-antibiotic state. If this study is confirmed by other researchers it means that the traditional practice of taking a probiotic after antibiotic is wrong, and should no longer be recommended by physicians and advertisers.”

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee oh I just finished a round of strong antibiotics so now what ?I really wish I had a naturopath here in the USA. I had one in Canada that our whole family used and that guy was amazing.My son was diagnosed with osgood schlaters disease by doc and we were told he needed to take lots of Tylenol and stop the sports he was playing.Naturpath had a different treatment that healed without meds.Doctor was surprised to see the lumps had gone down and the pain was no longer a bother.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay ,

That's good to know. It's been a long time since I had to take antibiotics so I've been out of the loop there. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dex 

I wish I could help you but I'm not a doctor. All I can say is what has helped me. I eat a healthy diet, no processed food and all whole foods with lots of fiber. Fiber feeds good gut bacteria and keeps things moving along. Keeping your body well hydrated along with eating a good diet will help a lot. IMHO, you can't replace a healthy diet with supps or pills. Let food be your medicine.