Honored Contributor

Yogurt wards off high blood pressure according to latest study

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yogurt wards off high blood pressure according to latest study

@cherry I better amp up my yougurt assumption!

Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of yogurt, but I've been trying to incorporate into my diet.  Last week, I had dannon lite and lively.  This week, I bought cobani.  There are so many to choose from, I gets a little overwhelming.  LOL.  Do you have a brand you like?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like plain non-fat Greek with fresh fruit and sweetened with stevia. I tried Icelandic yogurt one time and didn't care for it...it was too thick and had a stronger sour-ness taste to it. It's so thick that they call it a 'cheese' in Iceland.

Honored Contributor

Truth be told ,I am not much of a yogurt liker, but I do eat the Yoplait Blueberry  stuff. I can't hack the sour stuff at all

I will not have it more than 2 times a week, because of the carbs

Respected Contributor

@GCR18  Try Noosa.  It's great, especially the flavors that you normally don't see in yogurt, including strawberry rhubarb, lemon, pumpkin pie, cherry vanilla and coconut.

Available at regular grocery stores, Costco, Target and Walmart.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

You can also use it instead of sour cream, etc. in a lot of dishes, cooked or not.

Not sure why people are still eating the fruit/sweet kind unless it's meant as a dessert. 

You can use organic plain yogurt mixed with water instead of milk in mashed potatoes, or pancakes, or other dishes.

You can use it to dollop on an avocado half.  If you want to mix it with mayo, you can do that, too.

You may need to gradually wean yourself off the sweet stuff.  I know I did.

I now buy only organic goat milk yogurt, plain, and use it for whatever I need.  My dog likes it plain, too.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I LOVE yogurt and always have however since being diagnosed with Diabetes, the dairy in it raises my blood sugars pretty high (there are natural sugars).  I've even tried the yogurts with artifical sweeteners and my body won't tolerate the dairy (or the artificial sweetener).  I actually use non fat milk (6 oz) to raise my BS when it starts to fall...... to everyone that can enjoy yogurt....  ENJOY!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4uwrote:

I LOVE yogurt and always have however since being diagnosed with Diabetes, the dairy in it raises my blood sugars pretty high (there are natural sugars).  I've even tried the yogurts with artifical sweeteners and my body won't tolerate the dairy (or the artificial sweetener).  I actually use non fat milk (6 oz) to raise my BS when it starts to fall...... to everyone that can enjoy yogurt....  ENJOY!

@Q4u I was surprised to notice 6 or 7 grams of sugar on  the label for non fat plain greek yogurt. But then the flavored kinds are through the roof!! 

I get the 100 calorie and/or light flavored greek yogurts- they're even too sweet  for me. So I blend it with some non fat greek yogurt. Extra pro biotics with some added flavor, win win for me. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I like plain Greek yogurt with a handfull of fresh berries thrown in...