Honored Contributor

Re: Yogurt, do you eat it, or do you use it in other foods?

I'm not interested in making my own almond milk.

Contributor

I favor the Fage brand as I find that it has a lesser "bite"/tang to it. Since last January, I have done well weight-wise in my campaign to radically reduce my intake of processed sugars (and flours). Also, I'm not a big meat eater so getting sufficient healthy protein into my daily diet is a bit of a challenge. Plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt fits the bill for me! It is my treat for the day when I mix in a couple tablespoons of the Smucker's Simply Fruit Spread (ie NO added sugar)...the apricot and peach are FABULOUS !!!!
Honored Contributor

I buy milk rarely so instead use yogurt mixed with water as a substitute in recipes like pancakes, etc. I don't find any difference in taste but you'd have to try it yourselves.

I like that yogurt can be kept for a very long time and milk spoils relatively quickly.

For the most part, I use Strauss yogurt (Greek nonfat). Strauss is a California organic dairy and I believe its products are limited to the West coast.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

I eat it 5 mornings a week with a half cup of berries and 2 tablespoons of low-fat granola for a little crunch. It gives me enough energy to get through my workouts and make it to lunch time without snacking. I was eating Chobani lowfat, but am now eating mostly Siggi's 2%. I also use plain greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream.

Regular Contributor

I eat yogurt everyday for lunch, since I have been working. I'm 55 and enjoy my standard lunch.

Honored Contributor

Seems like just about everybody I know consumes yogurt, but I couldn't possibly gag it down. It's gross to me. Somebody all but forced me to try it once and - well, suffice to say I had to run to the bathroom to refund.

Because it grosses me out, I would not be able to use it in a recipe either.

It sure seems popular of late, though.

Honored Contributor

I don't enjoy yogurt.
Honored Contributor

I cannot stand plain Greek yogurt. It is like eating a mouthful of sour cream to me. I like sour cream but I don't want spoonfuls of it.

The vanilla is my favorite.

I like Fage, Oikos or even Dannon Greek. I dislike Chobani immensely.

Contributor

I eat yogurt regularly and also use it to make sauces to accompany many recipes. I use it mixed with wasabi as a sauce for salmon. I also have added mustard or hot sauce and used for chicken. It has a lot less calories than blue cheese for wings.

Honored Contributor

I don't eat dairy....but I do enjoy SO Delicious yogurt which is made with coconut. I love the chocolate and the greek style. FYI if you want to try...$2.00 at Whole Foods but $1.50 at Trader Joe's and Walmart. I also recently purchased a yogurt maker machine that I'm going to use with a base of coconut milk...can't wait to try!