Honored Contributor

Re: Yogurt, do you eat it, or do you use it in other foods?

When I want a low carb dessert, I eat the Kroger Low Carb yogurt and add a little squish of real whip cream topping right out of the can ..... Yum !! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

GREAT low carb dessert for only 85 calories !! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

I just recently read that yogurt is good for acne ... eating it of course ... but also applying it directly to your face ...

I don't personally know anyone who has tried it ... but anyone with acne might think it is worth a shot ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

Yes, love yogurt. I was sick a number of years back where I was on antibiotics off and on for about a year. I never developed a yeast infection (from the antibiotics killing off the good bacteria in my gut). The doctor was very pleased (as was I) and it was a direct result of eating yogurt every day.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I don't eat dairy, but I do eat soy yogurt. I recently got a pressure cooker that as a yogurt function. So simple. Soy milk (organic, unsweetened) with a culture. I place in 1/2Pint mason jars...makes about 5.

Thick, creamy....and most important....NO additives of artificial ick with grocery store brands. I just eat plain when I want a little sumthin-sumthin in the afternoon.

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 brii said:

Sunshine, is it possible to make yogurt with almond milk?

brii, i am not sure......if there are lots of additives or preservatives then my guess is it will not work well. maybe someone else has done it or tried to do it that will chime in.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/2/2015 brii said:

brii, i am not sure......if there are lots of additives or preservatives then my guess is it will not work well. maybe someone else has done it or tried to do it that will chime in.

I can probably Google for info.

I keep saying I want to make my own, but I never do. LOL

Super Contributor

On 1/2/2015 brii said:

here is a how to in 7 steps!

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Almond-Milk-Yogurt

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 AnnaBella said:
On 1/2/2015 brii said:

oh there you go......it requires making your own almond milk to start. i guess that is the way to go to prevent the additives/preservatives.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Anna!

Super Contributor

On 1/2/2015 AnnaBella said:
On 1/2/2015 brii said:

oh there you go......it requires making your own almond milk to start. i guess that is the way to go to prevent the additives/preservatives.

I would guess that it might be easier to just use the pre made almond milk unless you are a purity advocate. That is what I would do..