Honored Contributor

Re: Yogurt, do you eat it, or do you use it in other foods?

My husband uses yogurt with his cereal instead of milk

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Eat it as it is sold, all kinds of flavors and usually the less fat version. I do add it to crepes or pancakes on occasion as a topping. And I will admit I love the Chobani mint chocolate chip with a dab of whipped cream (fat free version). It is my dessert rather than eat cake cookies and the others yummy stuff.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

I eat Greek yogurt as a snack or double them up for meal replacement. I only eat the fruit at the bottom, don't care for the blended varieties.

My first choice is Chobani. Closely followed by OIKOS. I also like to pop them in the freezer for about 20 minutes prior to eating. I like them very cold.

Frequent Contributor

I have yogurt every morning. Generally Yogurt Greek 100 or Nosa brand (Strawberry Rhubarb Yummy!).

I top with banana, fresh or frozen berries,nuts,dried cranberries and sprinkle with granola.

Makes a filling breakfast.

Honored Contributor

Good tasting yogurt has soooo much sugar in it I do not eat it. The kind w/ artificial sweeteners is not good and sometime upsets my tummy.

Esteemed Contributor

Greek yogurt makes me gag.

Respected Contributor

I have greek yogurt with strawberries a couple of times a week for breakfast, I add a little honey for sweetness. Now that I'm back to eating healthy, I'll go back to having it everyday either for breakfast or for a mid morning snack. Sometimes, I add greek yogurt to my protein shakes.

Honored Contributor

i make my own yogurt and it is on the table almost every night with our dinner. we eat it as a side dish to many meals.....more as a savory dish rather than a sweet dish. to make it a "greek style" all you have to do is strain it to get the liquids out.

we mix it with cucumbers/mint/salt/pepper, beets, chopped spinach and garlic, walnuts/raisins/crushed rose petals.

i also mix yogurt in with rice.......take part of your rice and add in an egg, yogurt, and saffron and then put it in a baking dish. take the white rice and layer on top. add some butter and bake in the oven until the bottom is browned. it is delicious with chicken or turkey.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Sunshine, is it possible to make yogurt with almond milk?

Honored Contributor

I eat Greek yogurt every morning. I put Splenda or stevia in it, cinnamon and vanilla extract !!
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"