Esteemed Contributor

YAG Capsulotomy following cataract surgery?

Has anyone required YAG Capsulotomy to eliminate the cloudy membrane following the cataract implant?          

I've had trouble with my right eye for a couple of years. My opthomologist has recommended YAG Capsulotomy, which is a quick and painless procedure done in his office with the pupil dilated and anesthestic drops only. The laser procedure is finished in minutes and patients are usually able to resume their normal routines immediately.  

Please elaborate if you have had this done. I'm scheduled 6/28/22. TIA.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: YAG Capsulotomy following cataract surgery?

Almost everyone I know that has had cataract surgery ....

Honored Contributor

My mother was 95 yrs young when she had the laser treatment.  She had it done 1 yr after her cataract surgeries.  No complaints.

She was in & out in about 30 minutes.

She's currently 97 1/2 yrs young.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Yes I had this procedure done this month on each eye two weeks apart.... The time was approximately 20 to 30 seconds each eye.... Totally painless... My vision is no longer cloudy..... You will notice an amazing difference... Best Regards

Respected Contributor

Yes on both eyes.  After having cataract surgery I sure didn't want hazy vision.  It was an easy decision.

Esteemed Contributor

Piece of cake. They flood your eyes with drops, wait a few minutes, take you to the laser and a few zaps later they put in another drop and you drive yourself home. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

My mother was 95 yrs young when she had the laser treatment.  She had it done 1 yr after her cataract surgeries.  No complaints.

She was in & out in about 30 minutes.

She's currently 97 1/2 yrs young.

My Mother just turned 96!

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Piece of cake. They flood your eyes with drops, wait a few minutes, take you to the laser and a few zaps later they put in another drop and you drive yourself home. 

@Meowingkitty I told the Dr. she could at least waited until I was seated to get it done and over--and we laughed.  Didn't feel a thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac @sann  @Winkk @Meowingkitty  @BoopOMatic  @Sooner   Your responses, and experiences, are when I had hoped to hear!  Since I had never heard of YAG Capsulotomy, I appreciate your time in answering my question.

I'm delighted everything was quick, easy and you were on your way within minutes (as my Opthamalogist indicated).

I didn't even ask my son to drive me so really am "good to go" by myself next month. This makes me so happy! Thanks for your help. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Joanie  Have no idea what you are talking about. You certainly didn't answer my question about YAG Capsulotomy. Why bother to write a  snarky reply when you didn't even read/comprehend my post?