Honored Contributor

Re: Xiidra eye drops for dry eye???

@Qcloudy wrote:

Try running your husband's script without any insurance coverage and just use the coupon. See what happens. The pharmacy can do this. It may or may not work but it is worth a try.

@Qcloudy- thanks, but they tried that and it wouldn't work. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shiningstar wrote:

OMG i couldn't believe the retail price of this medication.  Cost is $1611.09. I have a 3 month supply. One month free using the card and $40 for two months supply.  Doctor said it was expensive due to it being new.  But that price is crazy!!

I did not see this when you posted.  I wonder about your results.  I got the free supply and then purchased the next one.  Then Xiidra called me and said they had considered my case and giving me free medication because my insurance does not cover any part of it although they cover every bit of Restasis. When I got Xiidra, I was not seeing much at all.  I had shingles in my eyes, the reason for the very dry eyes. 

I saw ophthalmologist yesterday and still very dry according to the string test.  He started me on a supplement, Oasis Plus in addition to the Xiidra.  Just hoping this helps by October and if not, he has suggested I have a punctal occlusion surgery.

Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Anyone try these?  My husband and I currently use Restasis for dry eye. Total waste of time and money.   Restasis has done nothing. 

Our eye doctor suggested switching us to Xiidra. She said people are having good results with it. We're getting the prescriptions filled today. 

Just wondering if anyone is using these drops for dry eyes. 

@gidgetgh I tried the OTC drops with no luck. My Ophthalmologist has me on Restasis and Lotemax which is a steroid, so far it seems to be helping. Perhaps ask your doc if adding the Lotemax in conjunction with the either the Restasis or Xiidra would be feasible for you. Best of luck to you.

Honored Contributor

If you dont want to take fish oil, try Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil, libricates organs from the inside. All plant based.

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Anyone try these?  My husband and I currently use Restasis for dry eye. Total waste of time and money.   Restasis has done nothing. 

Our eye doctor suggested switching us to Xiidra. She said people are having good results with it. We're getting the prescriptions filled today. 

Just wondering if anyone is using these drops for dry eyes. 

@gidgetgh I tried the OTC drops with no luck. My Ophthalmologist has me on Restasis and Lotemax which is a steroid, so far it seems to be helping. Perhaps ask your doc if adding the Lotemax in conjunction with the either the Restasis or Xiidra would be feasible for you. Best of luck to you.

I used Restasis for about 5 years after I had Lasik surgery.  Eventually it didn't "work" for my Dry Eye.  I've been on Lotemax for about 10 years and have developed cataracts. (I was warned about this when I first started using it.)  I'm not quite ready for surgery so last week I switched to Alrex.

I also have lower plugs.

Honored Contributor

I am on month 2 of my Xidra experiment, I was able to get 3 months at $10, but if the script will end up over $500 per month I will not be able to use it.

At this point I am not sure if it is working or not.

I see the eye doc in early September

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I used this for 30 days and it did nothing, but it turns out that dry eye was not my problem. I had tubes inserted in my tear ducts a week ago.  THAT was the cause of my watering eyes.

I'm glad, that stuff was incredibly expensive!!!  Mine was a free sample.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

If you dont want to take fish oil, try Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil, libricates organs from the inside. All plant based.

@Shelbelle

Actually, getting our Omega 3 oil is important & we need to make sure we are getting that one way or another anyway. 

Sea Buckthorn Oil is great & is helping my dry eyes but we need to be sure to get the kind with Omega 7. Not all SBO products contain Omega 7.

Honored Contributor

Xiidra has to be used from more than 30 days to see if it is effective.

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

I used this for 30 days and it did nothing, but it turns out that dry eye was not my problem. I had tubes inserted in my tear ducts a week ago.  THAT was the cause of my watering eyes.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Xiidra has to be used from more than 30 days to see if it is effective.

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

I understand that, however I think I would have seen some kind of improvement in the 30 days I used it if dry eye was the issue.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!