Honored Contributor

Re: XLEAR NASAL SPRAY FOR COVID

Keeping your nasal passages moist is a good thing in general.  I use Neilmed sinurinse and sleep with a humidifier when I have the heat on.

If this product works for that, then it's a good thing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@Mindy D 

Business Wire disseminates information. It's neither good nor bad.

Because the information is on Business Wire does not invalidate the information. It can still be read critically by literate people who know how to make their own decisions.

Thank you for your interest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SchippyLuv wrote:

@Mindy D 

Business Wire disseminates information. It's neither good nor bad.

Because the information is on Business Wire does not invalidate the information. It can still be read critically by literate people who know how to make their own decisions.

Thank you for your interest.

@SchippyLuv @They only disseminate press releases from the companies that want to get information out. I'm not saying whether it's good or bad. It is often used as a type of promotional tool. I did not say that the information is invalidated. Companies use press releases all the time. Universities and pharma companies use them. It is important to recognize a press release when one see's it. Not every reader will recognize this as such. 

Valued Contributor

@hckynut  Yup, I'm having a hard time with Fauci since I read he owns heavy stock in Moderna. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 wrote:

he Xlear Sinus Care nasal sprayis a combination of Xylitol and saline that soothes and moisturizes the sinus and nasal passages. The patented solution is all-natural and contains xylitol, purified water, salt, and grapefruit seed extract.  It's a no for me as it contains "xylitol".  

New research suggests at significantly reducing and nearly eliminating SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 after a single dose.

An in vitro study conducted by scientists from Northwestern University and Utah State University concluded that components found within the Xlear nasal spray, particularly grapefruit seed extract and xylitol, were successful in statistically reducing the amount of SARS-CoV-2.

After a single blast, the researchers saw the nasal spray reduced virus from 4.2 to 1.7 log10 CCID50 per 0.1 mL, a statistically significant reduction of 2.5 log10 CCID50.” News of the study was announced by Xlear and the company said this is only the latest research that reaches a conclusion the over-the-counter spray is effective against the virus that causes COVID-19.

Xlear is currently sold as a nasal irrigant for cleansing and moisturizing the nasal cavities.

51B10B00-B4D9-4265-83D1-BBA6697AAEB8.jpeg57707E7B-4E8F-409E-A119-FBA7B1E1AACB.jpeg

Spoiler

@edu4  @SchippyLuv  @PickyPicky @Mz iMac @Januarary121 @SilleeMee is the Warning Letter to this company  from the  Federal  Trade Commission  saying that the company was unlawfully advertising this product as a way of preventing Coronavirus. Sorry the letter is in reverse page order. 

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@hckynut  Yup, I'm having a hard time with Fauci since I read he owns heavy stock in Moderna. 

That is a lie, and the person who originally floated the conspiracy theory had no proof of her claim. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

@ciao_bella You might want to take a look at India's success with Hydroxychloroquine. And in Japan they have used Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine sulfate) with reliable outcomes. South Korea, Turkey, Morocco, China, Algeria and Belgium all use Hydroxychloroquine as part of their protocols in treating COVID. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

9B31F2C3-A1D9-49B3-852C-97A30D4DD3FA.jpeg

@eadu4 

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

That is a lie, and the person who originally floated the conspiracy theory had no proof of her claim. 

@mom2four0418  Ditto!! You're right it's an outright lie. Fauci doesn't own any stock in any drug  companies at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Interesting about that warning to XLEAR.