Honored Contributor

Re: XLEAR NASAL SPRAY FOR COVID

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mindy D 

Interesting about that warning to XLEAR. 

@SilleeMee  I think that they are currently trying to get around their little problem. There's a cartoon image in my head. I picture some persons in the marketing department somewhere standing around and brainstorming and throwing out ideas, maybe saying things like: "Um, let's do a very small, low cost study." "Um, let's have it published in an Open Access Journal." "Um, let's put together a press release." "Um, we don't really have to speak to the study's results as the main aspect of the of the press release. We can use other words to make it appear in a way that's beneficial to us." "Um, we can also get people to join in at a website for signing petitions." ( I am not saying that these statements have ever actually been said, only that I'm imagining this scenario as a humorous spoof of what might have transpired.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 wrote:

he Xlear Sinus Care nasal sprayis a combination of Xylitol and saline that soothes and moisturizes the sinus and nasal passages. The patented solution is all-natural and contains xylitol, purified water, salt, and grapefruit seed extract.  It's a no for me as it contains "xylitol".  

New research suggests at significantly reducing and nearly eliminating SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 after a single dose.

An in vitro study conducted by scientists from Northwestern University and Utah State University concluded that components found within the Xlear nasal spray, particularly grapefruit seed extract and xylitol, were successful in statistically reducing the amount of SARS-CoV-2.

After a single blast, the researchers saw the nasal spray reduced virus from 4.2 to 1.7 log10 CCID50 per 0.1 mL, a statistically significant reduction of 2.5 log10 CCID50.” News of the study was announced by Xlear and the company said this is only the latest research that reaches a conclusion the over-the-counter spray is effective against the virus that causes COVID-19.

Xlear is currently sold as a nasal irrigant for cleansing and moisturizing the nasal cavities.

@eadu4 @The Federal Trade Commission sent the company a warning letter about this.28FE0BA1-2886-43D6-863A-19D34920326E.jpegD9CF2662-919A-4C8F-B819-E919EAFBEF93.jpegD47ADFC1-6EBD-4062-9575-A54B3E8F831D.jpegC16DC180-7664-4198-9EC1-D439FEC272C0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

You lost me at Amazon.  Sounds like you read one of those paid advertisements that masquerades as an article.  

Respected Contributor

From a business public relations standpoint, it's a very well written press release. You really need to pick it apart word for word to catch the potential misrepresentations.

I liked the word "blast." I imagined some covid viruses sitting in a petri dish being hit by a bomb of XLEAR.  Reduction indeed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

From a business public relations standpoint, it's a very well written press release. You really need to pick it apart word for word to catch the potential misrepresentations.

I liked the word "blast." I imagined some covid viruses sitting in a petri dish being hit by a bomb of XLEAR.  Reduction indeed.

@PickyPicky3 The company has two versions of this press release out. In the  second version they are petitioning the World Health Organization for guidance.😱🤪🥸

Not only the press release and the tiny observational study we've been discussing here but they have done a new in vitro study so they can back up claims and not get another warning letter from the FTC. They are capitalizing on the new variants too. Pretty snazzy.  Here's the other S-T-U-D-Y  

"New Study Concludes Xlear Kills and/or Deactivates SARS-CoV-2; Efficacy Against New Variants"

full study

https://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.biorxiv.org%2Fcontent%2F10.110...

Respected Contributor

If you keep repeating something enough, it takes on its own kind of truth.

Let's see if anyone not connected to the company can replicate destruction of Covid-19 by grape seed extract.

Valued Contributor

@mom2four0418  I am perfectly open to the idea that Fauci doesn't own Moderns stock, but the fact is, unless you have personal access to Fauci's investment portfolio, there is no way any of us knows anything. I take everything the media tells me with a grain of salt. 

Honored Contributor

If I fell for all that "advertising"........I'd be BROKE

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D  and all the others coming down on me for my post about XLEAR.  I was NOT advocating the use.  At the time I posted my information I was the 3rd person posting and there was no information on what actually was in it.  I googled it and pasted what I found. I personally would not use it since quite frankly I don't use any products with Xylitol nor do I believe it's claims.  As with any product being sold out there research and use your judgement.  Again all I did was google the product for what was in it that would give it these "magical" Covid killer properties.   But thank you for posting again and again and trying to make it sound like I was pushing the product.  

Respected Contributor

@eadu4    I'm grateful to you for bringing some information to the thread so we could look at it together.  The discussion that developed after that might not have happened without your contribution.