Super Contributor

Has anyone else noticed the latest hopeful research and comments on XLEAR Nasal Spray for Covid? I'm afraid to post a link because I always get poofed, but you can google it and see what comes up.

I back ordered two bottles on Amazon, since I cannot be vaccinated for awhile.

Respected Contributor

Re: XLEAR NASAL SPRAY FOR COVID

@SchippyLuv  Could you briefly summarize what the research is and what results are trending?

Honored Contributor

I have been using it several times a day since COVID started. It kills viruses on contact. I get it from Amazon, but I believe it can be purchased in health stores. I haven't even had sniffles from a potential cold since starting with the product.

Esteemed Contributor

JMO but I highly doubt it's efficacy.If it was a way to avoid contracting Covid 19 you would hear about on the news.Dr. Fauci would be talking about it. Anybody could run a"test"& publish their results. True tests have to be run under strict scientific guidelines & go through various stages of testing.

Until I get my vaccine & beyond I will continue to follow CDC guidance.It's not fun but it's keeping me alive.

Trusted Contributor

he Xlear Sinus Care nasal sprayis a combination of Xylitol and saline that soothes and moisturizes the sinus and nasal passages. The patented solution is all-natural and contains xylitol, purified water, salt, and grapefruit seed extract.  It's a no for me as it contains "xylitol".  

New research suggests at significantly reducing and nearly eliminating SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 after a single dose.

An in vitro study conducted by scientists from Northwestern University and Utah State University concluded that components found within the Xlear nasal spray, particularly grapefruit seed extract and xylitol, were successful in statistically reducing the amount of SARS-CoV-2.

After a single blast, the researchers saw the nasal spray reduced virus from 4.2 to 1.7 log10 CCID50 per 0.1 mL, a statistically significant reduction of 2.5 log10 CCID50.” News of the study was announced by Xlear and the company said this is only the latest research that reaches a conclusion the over-the-counter spray is effective against the virus that causes COVID-19.

Xlear is currently sold as a nasal irrigant for cleansing and moisturizing the nasal cavities.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ I agree! I will heed Dr. Fauci and the CDC and not "quack" stuff like this. It takes nothing to dummy up a "research report" and sell snake oil.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   I also agree with you.  It sounds like snake oil or another hydroxicloriquine to me too!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Does the grapefruit extract counteract the glycemic effect of the artificial sweetener?

Asking for a friend 😂

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I have been using it several times a day since COVID started. It kills viruses on contact. I get it from Amazon, but I believe it can be purchased in health stores. I haven't even had sniffles from a potential cold since starting with the product.

@World Traveler  I haven't had so much as a sniffle either since mid March.I think it's because I follow CDC guidance. 
   If you stay 6 feet apart from others,wear a mask, wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitizer & avoid gatherings etc. you can avoid a lot of germs that cause various viruses .

JMO but I would hate for people to use XLEAR & get a false sense of security.Covid can be deadly. I wouldn't depend on it to save my life.

Honored Contributor

And St.Fauci is now saying "double masks" are good, but "triple masks" would "probably" be better. Who'da thought?  Hazmat suit next doc?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)