Honored Contributor

Re: Wow - 2 mistakes on my Rx refills today

@GCR18 wrote:

I hate picking up prescriptions.  Our CVS doesn't appear to be well run.  There seems to be enough people working behind the counter, but the lines are long and the processing time is slow.  I can do mail order, but I prefer to deal with them in person.

I would do mail order in a flash if I could, Sadly, when you are a snowbird the mail order thing gets too complicated - forwarding and all. Plus they won't send Rx drugs to a PO Box and that is how we get our mail up north. We chose walgreens because once a Rx is in the system you can go to any walgreens in the USA and fill it, and there is a walgreens in our small town both here and up north. I've not found walgreens to be a very good pharmacy all in all but I doubt CVS or Walmart are any better and those are my choices. I've heard people complain equally about all 3 of these pharmacies.

Esteemed Contributor

I switched from Walgreens to Publix and have never had a problem with either one of them.  I always take the bottles out of the bag and read the labels before I leave the counter.  The Pharmacist never objects and actually encourages it.  There is never a line.  I call about a week before my meds are due (in case they have to order something) and everything is ready when I go to pick them up.  So far, so good......  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  I even tell them which drug company I want for my thyroid pills and it's always the same.  (Mylan)......  That's not a pill you want to switch around with....

Honored Contributor

I gave up on CVS. Crowded and expensive. I go to my local grocery store (Shop Rite). Never a wait, cheap and great service. Pick up prescriptions after shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

BTW, I picked up a script for Cipro at Publix and it was FREE.  No co-pay.  I even got a refill and that was FREE too..... Is it the same at every pharmacy or just certain ones????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jobran wrote:

I switched from Walgreens to Publix and have never had a problem with either one of them.  I always take the bottles out of the bag and read the labels before I leave the counter.  The Pharmacist never objects and actually encourages it.  There is never a line.  I call about a week before my meds are due (in case they have to order something) and everything is ready when I go to pick them up.  So far, so good......  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  I even tell them which drug company I want for my thyroid pills and it's always the same.  (Mylan)......  That's not a pill you want to switch around with....

HA HA HA if you called in a refill to Walgreens and then left it there a week they would be calling you about ever 4 hours around the clock to remind you - not to mention the emails - dozens of e mails. I went to the doctor yesterday and along with 2 new Rx I  needed new Rx for 3 drugs I was already taking so he sent them electronically along with the 2 new ones. Within a hour I got a notice from walgreens that they were all filled. I still have a 60 day supply on those three drugs I was already on but to not cause any grief I paid the copay and brought them home. So now I have a 5 month supply of them - and in 3 months they will be bugging me to refill them.Apparently, when it is put through as a new Rx the ins co must just go ahead and allow them to be filled.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to take Lisinopril for my BP and it was always free. Unfortunately, it was also bad for my kidney and I had to stop taking it. Now I take Lopressor and it is only $2 a month copay.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@jobran wrote:

HA HA HA if you called in a refill to Walgreens and then left it there a week they would be calling you about ever 4 hours around the clock to remind you - not to mention the emails - dozens of e mails. I went to the doctor yesterday and along with 2 new Rx I  needed new Rx for 3 drugs I was already taking so he sent them electronically along with the 2 new ones. Within a hour I got a notice from walgreens that they were all filled. I still have a 60 day supply on those three drugs I was already on but to not cause any grief I paid the copay and brought them home. So now I have a 5 month supply of them - and in 3 months they will be bugging me to refill them.Apparently, when it is put through as a new Rx the ins co must just go ahead and allow them to be filled.

**************************************************************************************************

I get the calls from Publix too.  The reason I switched had nothing to do with Walgreens at all.  It was an insurance thing.  We have Tricare and about a year or two ago, they no longer deal with Walgreens.  Fortunately, Publix is right next door.  They tore the old one down and built a new 2-story Publix with elevators and escalators.  I'm not fond of the new store but there are two others also close by.

Was there a message in your post along with the ha ha ha????  Did I miss something???

Honored Contributor

Hope the OP will take this as a sign to change pharmacists. 

Honored Contributor

@151949, I'm glad you caught this, being a former nurse helped no doubt. But I couldn't agree with your husband more. You really must be proactive in all areas of your life in today's world. I see it more and more!!

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I hate picking up prescriptions.  Our CVS doesn't appear to be well run.  There seems to be enough people working behind the counter, but the lines are long and the processing time is slow.  I can do mail order, but I prefer to deal with them in person.

Our local CVS is either magically wonderful or ghastly. There is absolutely no middle ground. 

I'd try to make a tactful complaint, but some of the employees are SO GOOD I'm afraid they'd all get a hatchet job and the wrong ones would get the wrong message.

The staff turnover appears to be terrible too. I never see the same people twice.

I'm guessing the really bad ones get fired and the better ones move on to somethi ng better, at least, I'm hoping so.