Honored Contributor

Re: Would you do this to lose weight?

@MaggieMack

I have also been reading about having a healthy gut.  I haven't decided which program is the most logical yet.

@brewhaha

Your comment is very funny. Laughter is the best medicine! 

Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@MaggieMack

I have also been reading about having a healthy gut.  I haven't decided which program is the most logical yet.

@brewhaha

Your comment is very funny. Laughter is the best medicine! 

@butterfly123, what have you read? I just finished Good Gut. My sister is expecting her "analysis" of her micro biome sometime this week. It will be interesting.

@brewhaha, you crack me up! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

I will need to go back thru emails and see if I can find the sites and the doctors names for you.

I didn't realize the testing that your sister had done was available. If you don't mind me asking, was the test performed at a medical facility?  I have read about it and would like to have the test performed on myself.

Super Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! If people want to lose weight, there a simple, straight-forward way: They should simply cut carbs - so as low as they can. Exercise would be nice, but it's not mandatory to lose weight. Cutting carbs, particularly those that are pure sugar, is mandatory.

Absolutely not true! I'm losing weight without cutting ANY carbs from my diet. The only thing you have to do to lose weight is cut calories. Take in less calories than you expend and you'll lose weight. How you get those calories, carbs or otherwise, matters not in the equation. For nutrition and health, it matters. For losing weight, no. Pretty straight forward and easy if people would stop falling prey to the "diet world". 

So no to the diet pills.....those with or without fecal matter. Yuck! 😷

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@MaggieMack

I will need to go back thru emails and see if I can find the sites and the doctors names for you.

I didn't realize the testing that your sister had done was available. If you don't mind me asking, was the test performed at a medical facility?  I have read about it and would like to have the test performed on myself.

@butterfly123, her test was the kind where you take a sample (yes, that kind) and send it in. I will text her to get the specifics and get back to you!

Honored Contributor

This is how to begin getting a healthy gut.

All animal products & refined products just break down the healthy bacteria.

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123, here is a link to that project/study my sister is participating in:

American Gut Project

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Yuk!  No, thank you.  What if you couldn't keep it down and then mouth might smell like...poop!!  There's an easier way to lose weight.

The capsules contain freeze dried processed material so there isn't likely to be any odor or taste.  Even so, I would not be interested. 

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack. Sign me up...I'll try anything Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

Here is one website for you: greenmedinfo.com.  I signed up for the daily newsletter. The Gut Healing summit is coming up January 18-25, with 30 gut health experts.  There is a video today about the microbiodome also.  The summit is free to sign up for and you can see if any of the experts resonate with you.  HTH

Thanks for the link and information. I appreciate it.