Honored Contributor

I am not one who thinks everyone should sue a doctor BUT this is a doctor who needs to be sued.

Esteemed Contributor

My friend still thinks her doctor is terrific. I think that even if she gets a cancer diagnosis, she will not blame her GYN for her advice. In fact, I made a mistake about her being taken off HRT. My friend corrected me. The GYN reduced the dose to the lowest possible because, apparently, my friend has other physical problems that could be helped by the medication. Fortunately, I got this news via email because if we had been speaking, my stunned silence would have given me away. As it is, I wrote nothing back to her about the HRT news. Going down that road years ago I learned my lesson. Nevertheless, those endometrial biopsies and now two breast lumps have me very worried. When another dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer, I went to her doctors with her to take notes on all they said. One doctor said, "The first step in your treatment is to stop HRT immediately." I'll never forget those words, especially when I think about my California friend.

Honored Contributor

Some of these doctors put ladies on HRT forever. I have an relderly cousin who is 89 and still takes premarin every day. Why on earth would a 90 year old need premarin? When my gyne started me on a bioidentical patch he told me it was a 5 year process. The dose was rediuced every year and then at the end of 5 years he stopped it. He told me to take soy & black coash(OTC) for about 6 months to reduce the effects of stopping it and that was it. He told me it was much more safe to use bioidenticals and to only use over a short period of time. However, I have cared for many an elderly patient who is still taking her daily HRT.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand how a physician, in all good conscience, can continue prescribing any form of HRT to patients who have shown they are at risk (endometrial problems and breast lumps) for developing cancer. The friend whom I've written about buys only organic food, takes no other meds, has turned down surgery to correct physical problems that have caused her tremendous discomfort. I want to scream but have restricted my frustration to this bulletin board.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian I sure am sending good thoughts for you both.

"Do not give her your opinion" said the mom who is a good friend to her DD and walked right into IT yesterday. 

So so when our fears for loved ones seem to be calling us to advise... Do we?  It is such a hard call to make.

My GYN said this about HRT... Here are the facts, both pro and con... You can decide. 

Now your job is to be a supportive friend and believe in her.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~