Respected Contributor

How do you even need you need a multivitamin? Did you have blood work that suggested it? My doctor never told me to take a multivitamin so I am just curious what is prompting you ladies to take vitamins? I would only take them if my doctor suggested. Just curious.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

How do you even need you need a multivitamin? Did you have blood work that suggested it? My doctor never told me to take a multivitamin so I am just curious what is prompting you ladies to take vitamins? I would only take them if my doctor suggested. Just curious.

@cuddlesmama  I don’t take any vitamins unless bloodwork showed I was low and then the Doctor will tell me. I go every three months and only every once in awhile will I be low on something. Last time it was magnesium and vitamin d. When I go back the next time I am usually fine. I wouldn’t take any unless it showed I was low.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

@cuddlesmama  I don’t take any vitamins unless bloodwork showed I was low and then the Doctor will tell me. I go every three months and only every once in awhile will I be low on something. Last time it was magnesium and vitamin d. When I go back the next time I am usually fine. I wouldn’t take any unless it showed I was low.

To me that makes sense. I wouldn't take any vitamins umless mybloods work showed I was low also. I think too many people take s pills unnecessary.

Esteemed Contributor

For those interested in a one a day type, the Vitamin Shoppe has a women's over 50 version with ONLY vit K2 (not vit K1).  This is very hard to find for those with coagulation issues.  Just FYI.

Valued Contributor

I  have not found one that doesn't constipate me! I tried Andrew Lessman's more than once. I try to take it a few times a week if I can & take vit d, c, b, fish oil etc. more often. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I take Centrum liquid. I buy a few bottles at a time at Amazon. Works for us. A teaspoon a day,easier than big tablets.

We used to take the gummies.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth