Honored Contributor

@On It   You must be unusually sensitive to caffeine.  I haven't had any for about 2 years but recently had a couple of cups.  Had no effect at all.  I wish it would amp me up a bit.

When I have trouble with acid reflux, I take a (generic) Pepcid in the morning and at night.  Doctor took me off of PPIs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Wired for Sound!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@On It   You must be unusually sensitive to caffeine.  I haven't had any for about 2 years but recently had a couple of cups.  Had no effect at all.  I wish it would amp me up a bit.

When I have trouble with acid reflux, I take a (generic) Pepcid in the morning and at night.  Doctor took me off of PPIs.

I am sensitive from head to toe and inside and out. Skin, digestive tract, light, sounds. It is frustrating to be this sensitive. I blame it on my red hair. I am still extremely alert 9 hours later.  I doubt that I will sleep tonight.

Respected Contributor

@On It I'm super sensitive too so I can completely relate- it is really frustrating. Makes things difficult.  I used to love coffee!  But just like that one day I became allerigic to caffeine!  Now I can't tolerate it in any form.   No drinks, no body creams, or eye creams, etc.   It's really crazy.

Do you have anything you could take to help relax you - like cammomile tea or some relaxing herbs, etc.? Or take a relaxing bath?

Honored Contributor

I love the smell of coffee....but I can't drink it...I shake and my body races.  It is not a pleasant experience.  

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars I am sorry that you have to deal with sensitivity, too. It is a nuisance and seems to have worsened with age.

I will need something to counteract the caffeine. I am considering a Benadryl because they knock me out, but I always feel awful the day after I take one. My allergies have been bad today, so it is a two for one solution.

Thank you for your concern. The worst case is I will be able to catch up on all my recordings I have saved on TiVo.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It 

Might get a blast of energy, but those types of energy increases, if one otherwise has none? Usually end with a big crash. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@On It 

Might get a blast of energy, but those types of energy increases, if one otherwise has none? Usually end with a big crash. 

hckynut 

You are so correct! If what happened last summer repeats itself, I will feel terrible tomorrow. I can assure you my next latte wil be ordered with Decaf being the first word I utter.