Respected Contributor

Re: Why you should quit drinking diet soda

I gave up soda in 2010. I was doing well until we started going to this pizza place every Tuesday for dinner - They offer two free sodas with every order. I declined at first, but eventually weakened. So now, I allow myself the one soda per week - and oh, does it taste good!

Respected Contributor

....what is the point of this silly conversation? If YOU gave up sodas and arificial sweetners, I am very happy for you. That sound you hear....it's me applauding you. So, go bask in the glory of being a superior human being because those of us who aren't interested in your Google searches aren't going to be pursuaded to give up our diet Cokes. Certainly not by anything you people are saying. So what's the point? Or are you perfect specimens of humanity just trying to one up each other....

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 uumom said:
On 1/30/2015 Sooner said:

There is way too much hysteria about food and drink today. Sorry, but live a good life, use moderation in everything, get some exercise and sun, eat a good balanced diet with lots of variety and drink a Coke occasionally when you want to if you enjoy it! Don't stress about everything, incorporate some spiritual time and get enough sleep.

You may be hit by a Coke truck tomorrow and die, or get hit by an water truck and die but you'll still be dead. Or you may do everything wrong and live to be 95. I've seen both. Do whatever you feel is best for you, and within your ability. Food has become a religion nowadays, and the sure way to Salvation. . . Wink

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

ITA!

Plus I noticed Gazelle didn't give the source of the article she copy & pasted in the OP.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, about the hysteria, but on the other hand, what nutrients does soda have, whether diet or not? Give me teas any day, any color. At least you know some good things are in teas.

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 brandiwine said:
On 1/30/2015 Tissyanne said: Has anyone read the latest study that indicates the latest studies will change, just give it time?

LOL. You are right. My mom had a massive heart attack when she was in her early 30's. It was 1955. Since that time I can't begin to tell you how many things have changed. No salt. Salt O.K. No exercise, exercise. Sugar, no sugar. Organ meats, no organ meat. The list is never ending.

....yup. And that last I heard, people are still dying. Even the ones who gave up sugar/fat/salt/artificial sweetners/carbs/artificial coloring. Yup! They are still taking that long dirt nap just like those of us who will be eating Cheetos and guzzing Pepsis while we watch the big game.

Honored Contributor

According to today's news......it might be better to quit drinking booze

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I may have one soda a month. I'm trying to cut back on sugars (and sodium), so now I mostly drink coffee (black), unsweetened tea, water, or 1% milk.

I know there are people who are convinced that milk = poison, but, I'll NEVER give up my milk, no matter what rhetoric they say.

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Jezzebell said:
On 1/30/2015 uumom said:
On 1/30/2015 Sooner said:

There is way too much hysteria about food and drink today. Sorry, but live a good life, use moderation in everything, get some exercise and sun, eat a good balanced diet with lots of variety and drink a Coke occasionally when you want to if you enjoy it! Don't stress about everything, incorporate some spiritual time and get enough sleep.

You may be hit by a Coke truck tomorrow and die, or get hit by an water truck and die but you'll still be dead. Or you may do everything wrong and live to be 95. I've seen both. Do whatever you feel is best for you, and within your ability. Food has become a religion nowadays, and the sure way to Salvation. . . Wink

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

ITA!

Plus I noticed Gazelle didn't give the source of the article she copy & pasted in the OP.

...not to mention that bit about one's waist increasing by 500%.....I'm no math wizard but if that was true....doesn't that mean that a person with a 30 inch waist would end up with a 150 inch waist just by drinking two cans of diet soda a day. Do you think Spanx would help that person?...lol

Super Contributor

And, everyone who takes a breath today will eventually die.

Honored Contributor

I am enjoying my Route 44 Sonic Diet Coke as I read this. One thing is true, everyone reading this thread will pass at some point. Even those who choose to abstain. Guess what? It could be from something you would never ever imagine.