Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why? New England Patriots

On 1/21/2015 Lucky charm said:

""Brady prefers underinflated balls."" That says it all......

also Giselle......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Contributor

It doesn't matter who won or who lost the game, it is cheating to deflate footballs. Period.

Super Contributor

What is wrong with the NFL? Do they even play football? New England cheated and does not deserve to be in the Super Bowl. I don't get it. I won't be watching the Super Bowl this year. I will watch the Puppy Bowl earlier in the day and then I am going to see a movie during the Super Bowl.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Nancy Drew said:
On 1/21/2015 Lucky charm said:

""Brady prefers underinflated balls."" That says it all......

also Giselle......

From now on he's Tom DeFlady.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you think,that maybe we could wait till the investigation is complete before we start making assumptions about exactly who knew about it and how it happened? I think it is usually innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.
Valued Contributor

On 1/21/2015 bonnielu said:

Got a quick question about this. I am not a sports fan. I don't follow football but I happened to hear about the "cheating." IT IS A BALL, DOESN'T IT GET SHARED FROM PERSON TO PERSON as the game progresses. If one team has a deflated ball to start doesn't the other team catch it or recover it or touch it or something like that. Does every team bring their own ball and when it is played on the field making it a two ball game at all times. That makes no sense. If one team has an advantage when it is IN HAND doesn't the other team play with the same ball?

Yes, but each team has their own 12 offensive footballs. So when Brady goes up he has his footballs, etc. But it is also possible for the defense to get the offense ball - which happened numerous times and wasn't complained about until almost the end of the first half.

Also, the 12 balls in question were checked 2 times during halftime and completely swapped out for another 12 balls. And guess when the majority of the points were scored for the Pats? After the fact, in the second half. 28 points for Patriots, ZERO for Colts. Even with different balls, and to the NFL standards, the Colts were still smoked by the Pats.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 CaitlinH said:
On 1/21/2015 bonnielu said:

Got a quick question about this. I am not a sports fan. I don't follow football but I happened to hear about the "cheating." IT IS A BALL, DOESN'T IT GET SHARED FROM PERSON TO PERSON as the game progresses. If one team has a deflated ball to start doesn't the other team catch it or recover it or touch it or something like that. Does every team bring their own ball and when it is played on the field making it a two ball game at all times. That makes no sense. If one team has an advantage when it is IN HAND doesn't the other team play with the same ball?

Yes, but each team has their own 12 offensive footballs. So when Brady goes up he has his footballs, etc. But it is also possible for the defense to get the offense ball - which happened numerous times and wasn't complained about until almost the end of the first half.

Also, the 12 balls in question were checked 2 times during halftime and completely swapped out for another 12 balls. And guess when the majority of the points were scored for the Pats? After the fact, in the second half. 28 points for Patriots, ZERO for Colts. Even with different balls, and to the NFL standards, the Colts were still smoked by the Pats.

Doesnt matter how many points were scored or when, cheating is cheating.
Valued Contributor

lory- did you read my post? post #51. qb's are known for messing with the balls. brad johnson paid $$$$ to ball boys before a superbowl game to scuff up the footballs and nothing was done or said about it. colt's have been notoriously beat by superior teams over & over again this season, not just by the pat's, so a score like this isn't simply because of footballs.Smile

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 CaitlinH said:

lory- did you read my post? post #51. qb's are known for messing with the balls. brad johnson paid $$$$ to ball boys before a superbowl game to scuff up the footballs and nothing was done or said about it. colt's have been notoriously beat by superior teams over & over again this season, not just by the pat's, so a score like this isn't simply because of footballs.Smile

Yes I did read the post. If scuffing up the balls is within the rules, fine, if not, that is cheating too.