Respected Contributor

Re: Why? New England Patriots

I can't believe that they never get penalized for pulling stuff. I think they should automatically forfeit their win. As long as they don't get penalized, nothing will ever change.

I am wondering though, maybe someone knows. If they deflated the ball to gain an advantage - wouldn't the other team also get that advantage? Or, do they each have their own bin of footballs?

Honored Contributor

If they remain in the Super Bowl, they should be penalized at the start of the game by at least 10 points.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I'll wait for the results of the investigation, it's hard to believe they would resort to such a ridiculous move when they have a history of shenanigans. They wouldn't have anything to gain from it. I wonder why the refs didn't spot it when they are supposed to inspect the balls before the game. Time will tell but one thing is for certain, they didn't win that game and win it as decisively as they did because the balls were underinflated.

Honored Contributor

At least now I know who I'll NOT be rooting for in the Super Bowl. Too bad teams have to resort to cheating to win. I should be more careful and wait for the full investigation. But it's awfully, awfully suspicious. I really dislike their coach.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Chrystaltree said:

I'll wait for the results of the investigation, it's hard to believe they would resort to such a ridiculous move when they have a history of shenanigans. They wouldn't have anything to gain from it. I wonder why the refs didn't spot it when they are supposed to inspect the balls before the game. Time will tell but one thing is for certain, they didn't win that game and win it as decisively as they did because the balls were underinflated.

Maybe not that game, but I wonder about the previous game with the Ravens.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 wagirl said:

According to my hubby, Coach B has a long history of cheating---and never getting caught or maybe just a slap on the wrist.

yes......that is why his nickname is belicheat!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

They banned Pete Rose for gambling. How can they keep getting away with it??? I can't stand Belichik as far as his code of conducts goes. He should be banned!!
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Krimpette said:
On 1/21/2015 Chrystaltree said:

Maybe not that game, but I wonder about the previous game with the Ravens.

nothing official of course but.......

Members of the Baltimore Ravens say they think slightly underinflated kicking balls were used during their AFC divisional round game against the New England Patriots, reports CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora.

No names were given in the report, but La Canfora says some in the Ravens kicking and punting units thought the balls did not get usual depth and distance on some of their kicks.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/21/ravens-patriots-afc-divisional-underinflated-footballs

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The New England Patriots had 11 of their 12 allotted game footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds of air (PSI) less than what's required by NFL regulations, according to league sources either involved or familiar with the investigation of Sunday's AFC championship game when the Patriots beat the Colts 45-7 to advance to their sixth Super Bowl.

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-a...

Esteemed Contributor

""Deflate gate"". Takes the wind out of the Super Bowl.

Cogito ergo sum