Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who has insurance through the ACA and have your premiums gone up?

@Gooday wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Gooday wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@millieshops  I've worked at the same place for very many years.  I can remember when everything was covered 100%.......no copays......nada. Times sure have changed.

Boy, have they changed!!     I don't know why people are surprised about health insurance rates going up ..... it's my experience that rates have gone up each year for at least the last 18 years .... it's something you can count on .... like death and taxes.

Ah...you just reminded me...it IS a tax!

Actually, no .... it's an insurance premium.

Then please enlighten me re: a person who has no coverage must pay a penalty.  Just who gets the money from the penalty and why.  Just how does the penalty get paid? 

The IRS/ Gov gets the money. When you file your income tax you are asked about your insurance coverage. We are all asked even seniors with Medicare.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Gooday wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Gooday wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@millieshops  I've worked at the same place for very many years.  I can remember when everything was covered 100%.......no copays......nada. Times sure have changed.

Boy, have they changed!!     I don't know why people are surprised about health insurance rates going up ..... it's my experience that rates have gone up each year for at least the last 18 years .... it's something you can count on .... like death and taxes.

Ah...you just reminded me...it IS a tax!

Actually, no .... it's an insurance premium.

Then please enlighten me re: a person who has no coverage must pay a penalty.  Just who gets the money from the penalty and why.  Just how does the penalty get paid? 

The IRS/ Gov gets the money. When you file your income tax you are asked about your insurance coverage. We are all asked even seniors with Medicare.

Ahh...again, "tax" being the operative word.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melania wrote:

It's just another attempt to blame ACA...yet again.

Ever since I have had insurance it has gone up. So to try and point this at the ACA is nonsense.

That might be your opinion but other people have had a different experience.  To say insurance goes up every year so what is not the case for everyone.  And the premium increases vary.