Respected Contributor

Who has insurance through the ACA and have your premiums gone up?

Respected Contributor

Re: Who has insurance through the ACA and have your premiums gone up?

My premium actually went down quite a bit.  My tax lady last year said they were not giving me enough tax credits so I wasn't surprised - happily surprised! 

Honored Contributor

@GoodayMy insurance isn't through aCA, but my premium did go up.  Just not anywhere near as much as my LongTerm Care premium did -- that one was an OMG increase!  Nothing to do with ACA, of course.

Respected Contributor

Don't they all go up every year?  I have group insurance through my employer, and even that went up again this year.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blondeYes, almost every year. Fifteen years ago when I retired, my financial advisors told me my best benefit was that my former employer would be contributing to my health care insurance.  Even then, I'm now paying more than I ever did as a worker. 

I can remember when I could almost ignore the statements from Medicare and my secondary.  No longer -  some of the numbers are large --and, sadly, some are right and some are just plain wrong. 

I don't recall any one telling me how expensive getting old was going to be!  All those pre-retirement articles telling me I'd need less in retirement than I did while I was working?  Not necessarily true!

Respected Contributor

@millieshops  I've worked at the same place for very many years.  I can remember when everything was covered 100%.......no copays......nada. Times sure have changed.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Mine went up $4.00 .... no biggie.

Respected Contributor

It's just another attempt to blame ACA...yet again.

Ever since I have had insurance it has gone up. So to try and point this at the ACA is nonsense.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melania wrote:

It's just another attempt to blame ACA...yet again.

Ever since I have had insurance it has gone up. So to try and point this at the ACA is nonsense.

I have read all of the posts to this point. The only post I see the word "blame" is the one above, that I quoted. Hmmmm!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I inquired about the rise of the premiums for those who had insurance through the ACA because there were a few articles on my news feeds about premiums being raised as much as 15% as well as the lack of younger people signing up and taking the fine.

Does anyone know of anyone having to pay a fine for not having insurance?

That is all!!!  I am making no statement for or against the ACA.